Method wheel specs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Looking for the center bore of the method NV. I'm putting some hub rings in them to be hub centric but can't seem to find what size I need.

Anyone?

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any reason you want to run a hub ring? We haven't had an issue with mounting the wheels or any kind of vibration with Methods.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine vibrates terribly ! The whole truck shakes and th steering wheel wiggles about 1/2" anywhere near 60. I can also feel when the wheels are mor in sync because it will get better or worse after a turn. 75% of my driving is 60+ mph.... We've re balanced a few times. Road force, changed lug nuts, re mounted tires. It's about the last solution before I put the stockers back on for good.

If anyone has suggestions please share them. We've gone as far as just running the rim on a balancer and it's straight as an arrow and bang on weight wise.

Dubless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting I always thought the 6x135 methods were already hub centric. all the pics I've seen of them on late model f150's seem to fit tight around the hub (3.49"). Sounds. like you've tried nearly everything short of changing tires. Any chance you're ball joints or any frt suspension bushings are shot. I've seen toasted bushings and joints cause weird oscillations at speed. Get under the truck with a big pry bar and flexin the joints looking for excessive deflection.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it's the front end, the truck has 8000km on it sooo maybe 5000 miles... It was butter smooth to the tire shop, garbage when I left. I was the last customer and they stayed open late to do mine so when I left it was too late. Waiting on rings now.

The methods are 94mm and the raptor is 87.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it's the front end, the truck has 8000km on it sooo maybe 5000 miles... It was butter smooth to the tire shop, garbage when I left. I was the last customer and they stayed open late to do mine so when I left it was too late. Waiting on rings now.

The methods are 94mm and the raptor is 87.

How did they balance your tires and wheels. 1st place that did mine made me want to drive my truck off a cliff it was vibrating so bad. Krazy house customs remounted mine with the bastardest of tires to balance (mtr) and now my truck is better than with stocksetup.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Mine did the same thing at 60-70. Smooth everywhere else. Try another ship that balances off road tires

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the problem! Today I had my tires road force balanced and they're like butter. I tested my wheel at every speed starting at 10km by 10's up to 160 and no vibration or wobble. Highly suggest spending then extra couple bucks for the ride !

Dubless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! Yeah my NV's are also super smooth, with no centering rings. Not sure if they were road forced but it's surely not a bad idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter