General Grabbers Red Letter DOT vs Non DOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find myself in a puzzle with a mix of 37 12.5 17 Gen Grabber Red Letter tires. Does anyone know what the difference is between DOT and Non DOT Grabbers is? General website does help any.

I suspect it would not be good, but would you run a mix of DOT and Non at the same time?

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most DOT vs Non DOT tires have a different compound plus no siping on the non DOT versions. Some people say they are softer and wear faster so you have to rotate them more, that said I have ran non DOT and never had a problem other than they suck in snow.

Edit: I would not have a problem running a mix of them but I also am not super **** and picky about that kind of stuff. I may try and keep them on the same axel like non dot on the rear and dot on the front but I doubt you will have an issue.

Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Other than what others have mentioned, non dot are for offroad use only and are not street legal. Now, does that stop guys from running them? No.

They will also perform better and resist chunking better offroad. They are race tires. This is why you can typically find a slightly used set for pretty cheap. Teams use them for a race and ditch them.