Ford Racing Beadlock upgrade rings - any pros / cons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
I have a set of the FRPP beadlocks (w/ true beadlock rings) that I havent assembled because the rings wont fit on the wheels correctly. I have a set of 4 and only 1 of the 4 assembles correctly. I have discussed with Ford Racing but they werent much help.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you end up converting them? How do you like em?

I have a set on my truck that I had painted to match the trim and so far I love them. I do recheck the torque on the bolts just to make sure but so far they have not needed it.

image.jpg

Last edited:

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
The pilot on the wheel seems to be out of round. The rings "teeter" back and fourth on three of the four wheels. All 4 rings fit perfectly on the last wheel.

Ford racing said they were not aware of any issue with the wheels so they havent done anything for me. Im hesitant putting them together though as I am afraid that if the rings dont seat against the wheel with the proper clamp load I will loose a bead.

redwreck

Reaction score
I would say try it just follow the torque sequence recommended by ford to a T and I bet it all squares up. If they won't help you what have you got to lose?

redwreck

Reaction score
Well when you put it that way... No I mean to test them without a tire to see if seats up ok. I didn't pay that much attention when I put mine together but arnt they kind of a wedge the ring and the wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have mine converted and love them. The only big con I can see is having to so all your own tire maintenance. It's just work though

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, which isn't much, Hutchinson is the only one that makes a DOT approved beadlock. They come stock on the Hummer and can be bought for others. I believe that at least the ones on the hummer are double beadlock, not single like ours. I personally will add a compressor and just air wrench them on as I go instead of risking a ticket or injury on a dismounted lock ring. Blades of fury anyone? Lol also a compressor will help in re inflating or changing a flat. I'm not really a tire tool kind of guy. ;-)