Better tires to replace stock BFG's? (sticking with 35s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what sucks is it seems like I have lots of tread, but they are getting loud and a little cupped.. but it seems like the Duratracs are well loved..But I do like the idea of a warranty on the Toyo and Nitto.. Any info on how they are in the Snow.Living north of Boston. I need good grip in shotty weather
I'd go with the either the Duratracs or Mastercraft Courser MXT

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trail grapplers and duratracs get my vote due to their more aggressive design than a regular AT.

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just installed mickey thompson stz's and they are much better than stock huge improvement in terms of noise and on road handling.
price is cheaper than bfgs not too sure as we have different pricing over here.
off road performance (i tried mud and sand) there is a noticeable improvement and i feel like im less tempted to give it more gas to climb a dune as it doesnt really dig in the sand so i dont feel inclined to maintain high speed

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37's on standard rims will work on just mid-perch. I had them for 8 month's. No issues on road, or light to moderate off-roading. Got methods a month ago and still no issues on road, and light off-roading. It is closer now because the methods offset is 0 and the tires protrude out a little farther.

Can you post some photos of your 37's and are they the BFG like our stock 35's?