Better tires to replace stock BFG's? (sticking with 35s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sergei

Reaction score
bother with 37's

If you're going to offroad and run 37's, then you need to do the work for it (glass, trim, etc)

Agreed, and I don't want to mess with all that, which is why I was just looking for suggestions on 35s. RaptorFlipper made is sound like the K02 37s would work with just midperch.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, and I don't want to mess with all that, which is why I was just looking for suggestions on 35s. RaptorFlipper made is sound like the K02 37s would work with just midperch.

Stock wheels, the bfg 37" all terrains will fit pretty well with minimal trimming (there is a whole stick tread on 37" bfg all terrains)

With aftermarket wheels such as methods, fiberglass or pretty serious trimming and hammering of pinch welds will be required even for 37" bfg all terrains.

Basically, like you've said...to avoid all that, the safe way to go is 35's

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37's on standard rims will work on just mid-perch. I had them for 8 month's. No issues on road, or light to moderate off-roading. Got methods a month ago and still no issues on road, and light off-roading. It is closer now because the methods offset is 0 and the tires protrude out a little farther.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37's on standard rims will work on just mid-perch. I had them for 8 month's. No issues on road, or light to moderate off-roading. Got methods a month ago and still no issues on road, and light off-roading. It is closer now because the methods offset is 0 and the tires protrude out a little farther.

Post some more pics of your 37"/Roost/Terrain raptor for all us to see!

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the Toyo R/T 35" tires on stock wheels. Noticeably heavier than stock tires, but you get used to them. Zero noise at all road speeds. 5k miles and they still look new. Look great on the truck. Unfortunately, i haven't had them in any mud yet, but i think they will be better than stock.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
blah blah blah 37s blah blah

I went from stock BFGs to Dtracs. Put the Dtracs through 2 winters and racked up close to 50,000 miles on them, with bad shocks and bad upper control arms, and bad alignment for about a year. They wore great, performed awesome.

I am now running BFG KO2s. So far a good tire, I have about 10,000 miles on them now. I went to that tire because I was looking for something that would be a little better in rallycross, may be a little stronger, and the K02s come with the winter and mountain rating.

Stock BFGs - I only got about 33,000 miles, no flats, good traction
Dtracs - 2 flats wire through side wall, and a cut in the sidewall, 50,000 miles, great traction
KO2 - so far so good on flats, decent wear, considering limited miles, traction less than Dtracs in most conditions.

KOs is about 7 pounds heavier per tire. Dtracs are the lightest I have found in this size.

Last edited:

notaclue

Reaction score
originals have 40,000 and getting loud

what sucks is it seems like I have lots of tread, but they are getting loud and a little cupped.. but it seems like the Duratracs are well loved..But I do like the idea of a warranty on the Toyo and Nitto.. Any info on how they are in the Snow.Living north of Boston. I need good grip in shotty weather