To Whipple or not to Whipple...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013whipple

Reaction score
I am picking up my 2013 tomorrow and my local dealer has a Whipple SC in stock that he has already reserved for me. I am looking for advice/knowledge from all of you Raptor owners. Whether you have a SC or not feel free to chime in. Is the upgrade worth it? Has Whipple ironed out all of the problems? Will I have problems on slushy days driving to and from work during the horrendous Minnesota winters?

This truck will be used as my daily driver and I commute about 30 miles each direction to get to work. I also make several long trips across the country each year. MN-CO, MN-LA, MN-OK, MN-?? I average over 30k miles per year. Please let me know if you would do it or not??

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure do it.

Driveability is the same as long as you dont floor it. Same with MPG.

A boosted motor will never last as long as a stock motor. Dont be surprised if it needs a ring and piston job a little after 100,000 miles. You wanna play ... you gotta pay.

I am in the middle of installing mine, but best description I have seen about how the trucks feel is that it feels like you took 2,000 lbs off the truck.

I am having a local tuner do the tune on mine, but I bought the kit with tune from Whipple. If my tuner cant get it right I'll go with Whipple as a back up. I dont like the idea of the Whipple tune, because it is locked out and you have to send them your whole truck ECU via FedEx to get tuned or if you ever want to make changes later.

I am going to be taking mine TX-NV for Raptor Expeditions for sure and not worried about it breaking down any more than a stock engine.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as you keep the exhaust stock (for now) and it is install correctly, I can say you will have no problems.
Any issuses you see on these forums about Whipple is because pepole changed their exhaust system to something Whipple never tuned for.
Or they were not installed correctly.

Last edited:

Mrjeep94

Reaction score
Love my Whipple so far. I use my raptor for a company/personal truck and put a lot of miles on. I have put nearly 4000 on with the Whipple since install at the end of Sept. Very controllable and I am not concerned about control in snow. Push gently on the little rectangular pedal on the right and it responds gently. Push the pedal hard,,,, hang on!

If you can do it, go for it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a lot of driving I would not boost the truck. Ive had several boosted f150`s and all ways had to open up the motor well before a none boosted one. I think with all that driving your warranty will play a big role. My 2cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter