Volant CAI Intake Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually agree 100% on that. I have been working with Volant trying to get them to create new instructions. But I may wind up taking the lead and doing that myself. I might just put together the video spoken of and go from there. But I am also one that likes the bellowing from the intake myself. I don't like exhaust drone, too old for that I guess, but I do like the throaty sound from the intake.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually agree 100% on that. I have been working with Volant trying to get them to create new instructions. But I may wind up taking the lead and doing that myself. I might just put together the video spoken of and go from there. But I am also one that likes the bellowing from the intake myself. I don't like exhaust drone, too old for that I guess, but I do like the throaty sound from the intake.

I have had Volants on (2) GMC 5.7L Z71s...both intakes came from the passenger side, on a 6.2L Sierra Denali (same thing) and on my present day 2010 Nissan 5.6L Titan (can't remember if the intake is from the passenger side or not...), but NONE of those do that part throttle BELLOW...they all sounded, or in the Titan's case sound....great.

Just not for me on the 6.2L raptor...for whatever reason...the way the air travels into that TB it just doesn't work for me.

BigTruckn

Reaction score
Saw the thread and thought I might chime in. I'm a CORSA fan and at one point somewhere on the internet I saw a link regarding CORSA Air Intake install videos so I went out to see if I could find the link. After digging around I found a video on installation on a 6.2L Raptor. While it's not perfect, it certainly is better than the Volant instructions that come in the box. I"m pretty sure the kits are the same or very nearly the same too which means the video should work for either a Volant or CORSA Raptor intake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-OcMEnUNE

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sound which is weird, but yeah 44388 is the right part, and while the angle needs to change from task to task it sure would have helped to have known about this so thanks for the follow up and newbies can rest easier now.

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my set up today (same as yours)... I was kinda disappointed with the fit and finish for the price they ask. The lid to the box barely fits on there and looks kinda sloppy. The stock radiator cap is to small for the new container... Wrapped a layer of tape around it at the moment to fix that issue. Other than that I like it. Love the sound as well... Really woke the exhaust up as well . Would have been nice if there was instructions tho... Did some steps out of line and had to keep undoing things lol. As for your kinking hose I just trimmed 3 inches off the provided hose and it took care of it for me. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398643721.018685.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump to an old thread. Volant/Corsa must have revised the intake because everything went together wonderfully for me. The only complaints I have are as follows:

-Airbox lid could fit better, screws do not end up in the center of the holes. I assume this is a molding issue when the box is manufactured.

-Throttle body to airbox tube could be longer. There is about an inch of unused space when the couplers are on. Kinda puts the clamps near the ends of the tube.

-Silicone coupler that connects the "Ram Air Scoop" to the airbox needs to be shorter (I had to trim). I believe that its 2.5'' and needs to be more like 2''. With HID headlights, the scoop has to be able to go as far back as possible and with the coupler being too long, it restricts how far it can move back resulting in the headlight not being able to go back in fully.

-Coolant overflow cap needs to be more secure. It clips in, just remains pretty loose compared to stock.

I really didn't have a problem with the instructions. They are super detailed, just don't list out the steps to take. If you are mechanically inclined, you won't have an issue.

First test drive, there was a lot of bellowing noise between 1400 rpm and 2000 rpm. After a few days of driving, that seemed to have gone away. Exhaust note seems to have become more lively, which I personally like a lot. To soon to report on any mpg increase.

31499141903_d4c3b4814a_k.jpg

31499141173_c437693f22_k.jpg

32310128825_7062656ac7_k.jpg

31468168134_90be9f6ed2_k.jpg