SCT Device Update!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This probably has already been covered but a reminder to check your XCal 3s and Xsf3s to be sure the firmware is up to date.

Details here on the SCT site SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

Mine wasn't done and it pretty much locked me out. I wrote an 87 Octane tune into the truck and all was good until I tried change to a different tune and the tuner said "wrong vehicle". After several calls the helpful folks at SCT got me sorted out. Took me about an hour.

It wouldn't even let me go back to stock and the truck will need to go to the dealer here soon.

Hope this helps

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This probably has already been covered but a reminder to check your XCal 3s and Xsf3s to be sure the firmware is up to date.

Details here on the SCT site SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

Mine wasn't done and it pretty much locked me out. I wrote an 87 Octane tune into the truck and all was good until I tried change to a different tune and the tuner said "wrong vehicle". After several calls the helpful folks at SCT got me sorted out. Took me about an hour.

It wouldn't even let me go back to stock and the truck will need to go to the dealer here soon.

Hope this helps

When you update the device you have to make sure the "Stock" Tune file is installed in the vehicle first or it will lock the device and give the "wrong vehicle" message. This is very important.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you update the device you have to make sure the "Stock" Tune file is installed in the vehicle first or it will lock the device and give the "wrong vehicle" message. This is very important.

Thank you for posting that I had no idea, you just saved me a big headache!

OP
OP
A

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that! This is the first thing that the SCT tech support guys did with me on the phone. Lots of door chime and AM radio interruptions too.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

When was the update released anyone know?

July of last year according to the site.