S&b cold air intake and 5 star tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I contacted Chris at 5 star about a Cai and a tune. I finally decided on the S&b and a 87 tune. Chris helped me out on a package deal and I'm very happy. Always answered all my emails quickly and I ask a ton of questions. Shipping was fast and support was great. Put the Cai on last week and drove it a bit. Sounds much better and seems like more power. Got around .4 mpg better milage. Today did the tune and all seems good. Can feel a slight difference. I'll check any milage changes but I'm very happy. Was able to use my old sct and all went well. Thanks a ton to Chris and 5 star. Good guys to work with.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you are not the only one,lol I asked him 5 million questions also prob all the same shit you asked. he replied fast and never missed a question or left me guessing. honestly his customer service is on point.

I did the banks and BBK TB with his 91 performance tune. I get .3 miles better now. I was surprised to get better mileage but it is only 1 tank of testing. we will see after 1000 or so miles what it ends up at.

I am calling him Monday to add headers to package he said it will double what the other stuff added.

honestly I was so happy with the way he took care of me I didn't even bitch he forgot to take the 5% discount off.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

A couple weeks ago I contacted Chris at 5 star about a Cai and a tune. I finally decided on the S&b and a 87 tune. Chris helped me out on a package deal and I'm very happy. Always answered all my emails quickly and I ask a ton of questions. Shipping was fast and support was great. Put the Cai on last week and drove it a bit. Sounds much better and seems like more power. Got around .4 mpg better milage. Today did the tune and all seems good. Can feel a slight difference. I'll check any milage changes but I'm very happy. Was able to use my old sct and all went well. Thanks a ton to Chris and 5 star. Good guys to work with.

put on the performance tune 91 or 93 what ever you have the gass will end up the same. but it will cost ya 5-10 more bucks to fill up each time,lol

do you plan on headers?

Lvrkight6481

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. As I went with S&b and tune from 5 star with my older sct x3. Great service, experience, and results. Couldn't be happier

Ftroop

Reaction score
I just talked with a guy who put a k&n cai on and he said it made a huge difference performance wise. Did the s&b seem to make a huge difference for you?

Lvrkight6481

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just talked with a guy who put a k&n cai on and he said it made a huge difference performance wise. Did the s&b seem to make a huge difference for you?

Didn't notice a whole lot of difference other then some noticeable sound difference. But then again I had tune loaded and exhaust done a few days after the intake was on so I'm not the greatest person to ask. Out of the three I'm sure it's the tune more so then the others. Maybe others can chime in on this one.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to do headers. Actually I'm very happy with the power but would like just a bit more sound from the exhaust.

with the CAI and tune the headers are supposed to be a good bump in power. of coarse its not like bolting on a turbo or supercharger but its not 10K either.
I'm calling chris (5 star) tomorrow and getting headers to add to the other stuff I just got from him. then i am done I will wait for the 17 raptor before I spend any real money
nothing can beat a TT eco boost for power and gas milage to boot lmao.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would recommend 91-93 octane if you guys can run it . I run the 5 star 91 performance as a daily tune . When I switched back to 87 just to see I lost 2mpg . Plus the power was a lot more noticeable and fun . Let me know if I can help . We are a 5 star vendor here at Aftermarket hq

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend 91-93 octane if you guys can run it . I run the 5 star 91 performance as a daily tune . When I switched back to 87 just to see I lost 2mpg . Plus the power was a lot more noticeable and fun . Let me know if I can help . We are a 5 star vendor here at Aftermarket hq

you lost power on the 87 eco tune from the 91 performance? I believe you but that makes no sense at all. honestly I have all of his tunes but I am only gonna use his 91 performance. if I tow on a trip over 5 hours I will swap to the tow tune but I already towed on the performance tune I cant tell anything lol.