Roush intercooler ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mccrosky2004

Reaction score
Over the winter I installed the Phase 1 supercharger on my truck. No problems with it but thanking about upgrading it to phase 2 590HP. I wanted to know if a additional intercooler radiator will be needed/recommended or the one that comes with the kit good to go. I found one that I can add, that mounts under the Roush, but not sure if it's needed. This also adds something else to get damaged or leak. I live in New Orleans and a little worried about summer and heat causing me problems. Thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not the Roush expert here but I don't believe there isn't any intercooler upgrade.
The Phase 2 kit comes with a smaller pulley and a Tune.
Roush made an upgrade Heat Exchanger but with no fans
Whipple's HE is much bigger and comes with fans (Plug & Play) and fits the Roush brackets for easy install.

Here the video of the Whipple Upgraded HE, by a member Fastcote:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/whipple-vs-roush-14490/index2.html#post407667

Last edited:
OP
OP
mccrosky2004

mccrosky2004

Reaction score
Thanks MTF. Have been happy with my supercharger so far and hope that if the radiator currently used was not big enough they would have an upgrade in the phase 2 kit. I could also just add fan to the one I have. I did not thank of that.

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f178/roush-ltr-upgrade-cooler-temps-22907/#post409519

Not sure if you have the larger new upgraded model, I'm guessing prob not but here it is if this is what you're looking for from Roush more than enough to keep you cool esp with the fact it ties into the smaller model so it's a upgrade and expansion to the smaller unit. Bada boom. Twice the cooling. Pretty sure I posted this up I'm the whipple/roush thread and some whipple guys asked about it...just saying its been brought up before and isn't new for anyone who checks those threads.