Procharger I-1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so I went back into the archives a lil bit and didn't find what I wanted to know. I hate making new thread topics if it exists and I didn't see one.

Is anyone rocking one of these systems on their rig yet? Has all the lil bugs been worked out with it being that it's a brand new "thing"? Has anyone came up with a fabricated or billet intake manifold instead of compressing the air into the factory plastic intake manifold? I'm just curious.

P.S.
Do you have to have that god awful looking box that says Procharger over the throttle body?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dv8tor

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It'd either be the I-1 or the Whipple. Roush isn't an option for me. No trying to start shit either. It's just my opinion. I kinda like the fact that if you blow the belt on the Procharger you should be able to limp the truck to the nearest shop under its own power. If you blow the belt on the Whipple, I don't think the truck will run at all. I could be way off on that idea thinking, but I like survivability. If I start doing runs with the groups, I don't want to be the responsible one for stopping the run because of some as simple as a belt broke and can't continue the run or I'd be blocking the trail or something stupid. That would be embarrassing.

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked into the I-1 as well and I think it's also a benefit to be able to adjust the amount of boost in the fly. It allows you to not always running at full power because there are times where you won't always need it. But I have heard it is not the easiest install compared to the whipple or roush and it doesn't make as much power as the whipple for a higher price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the new I-1 run a separate belt? The regular ProCharger is run off of the serpentine drive belt so if it breaks, you are done until you change the below.

OP
OP
Dv8tor

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've looked into the I-1 as well and I think it's also a benefit to be able to adjust the amount of boost in the fly. It allows you to not always running at full power because there are times where you won't always need it. But I have heard it is not the easiest install compared to the whipple or roush and it doesn't make as much power as the whipple for a higher price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing. I haven't seen a price for it yet either.