Power Steering Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 40" Rigid will sit below everything above.

If I didn't have the supercharger I could run an upper bar as well, however in the current setup the cooler would be in the way.

Last edited:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer replaced power steering pump and updated hose fittings. Now I'll be installing the RPG PSR and hope for the best. If that doesn't work, I'll vw out of warranty so ill upgrade to the HOWE assembly.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So dan all you did was run the return and pressure lines to te cooler from the pump ad the Rpg ps res right? I'm gonna be adding a cooler to mine as well here realy soon and just wanna make sure I get this all figured out first! Thanks man!!

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran the line from the radiator cooler to the bottom of the Power Steering Solutions cooler and the other connection on the aftermarket cooler to the bottom connection on the RPG steering fluid reservoir. Tried taking pictures in the dark encase my description is unclear, but pictures may be equally as bad.

c5df5622-211e-493f-840d-70e42feda911_zps37ea5a5b.jpg

9c20882a-58fc-406d-ba39-0adee9649a18_zps79e374da.jpg

Was gonna use this link from KaiserM715's "Power Steering Solutions Reservoir And Cooler Installation" writeup to answer your question, but there wasn't pictures of the specific connection points. However, there's lots of good info in it.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/power-steering-solutions-reservoir-cooler-installation-28106/

Probably gonna do this after reading it again:

012.jpg

Mil T had another good similar install writeup:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/installing-steering-fluid-cooler-26832/

He used a different cooler, which would've been a bit cheaper if anyone wants to save a smidgen. I've just had the Power Steering Solutions one sitting around.

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the RPG last PSR last weekend. I was a quick and easy. Looks good and a noticeable difference in the steering...more in control. I won't say a loser feel, but an easier feel to turn...

Yes the PSR gets hot...ask me how I know...

Plus the RPG looks cool...

Can't speak to the others!

Pics of mine and the fluid I use...

I just bought an RPG PSR on monday and called RP for fluid specs for the Raptor. The tech I spoke to suggested Max EZ over the Max ATF.

Any opinions, what Royal Purple type are the rest of you guys running in your PSR?

:popcorn:

btw, thanks Fred for the pics too. I also have an Airaid, so now I know it wont be an issue for the install.