Peddle Commander Issues??..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigMikeVP

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First let me start out that im not blaming the product "YET"...

I have a 2013, SCrew, intake catback and 5 star tune, peddle commander.

I recently developed a VERY hard 1-2 gear shift, It would bark the 35's.

I am still under drive train warranty and am good friends with the Ford tech that looked at my truck.

He looked at multiple things and reset the adaptive shift strategy "which ent up eliminating the harsh shifting". He had never really seen it before and we got to talking about possibilities that would cause it.

I brought up the peddle commander and he had questioned me on what the product was. I filled him in on the purpose of it and he said that he thinks that the change in voltage that the product provides messed with the shifting.

From what he explained the F.B.W. system relies on the voltage output from the sensor on the peddle, by increasing that voltage you then in turn confuse the computer and thats how the hard shift developed.

KEEP IN MIND, this is merely a opinion.... I have not turned the peddle commander back on but it is still plugged in line at the sensor above the peddle. So far smooth shifts.

It would suck to get rid of that module because it makes the truck a blast to drive...

I was wondering if anyone else running this has come across this issue?

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have definitely experienced harsh shifts with my PC too. I noticed this in sport mode and on the factory tune, and ever since I started running a 5 star 93 performance, I have turned the device off. I did not like the combination of the two, the truck was very jerky and I did not want to start trouble with the transmission. Also 5 star advised against it.

my .02

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the TCM adapts the shit points and timings based on your driving style, the power commander modulates your pedal input. This is seen as a driving style change and the TCM adapts accordingly. Not really surprising that it caused this!

OP
OP
B

BigMikeVP

Reaction score
Well I booted up the peddle commander again, drove it about 100 miles, so far so good. Ill keep you updated. I just found it weird that it changed shift pressure for 1-2 gear change and not the rest.

ddd269

Reaction score
Installed the PC about a week ago and love it! I don't have to step on the gas pedal as much to get the truck to downshift anymore. I mostly leave it on Sport mode unless I encounter heavy traffic, then I'll put it in City mode.

One question for the PC users... My PC doesnt remember the fine tune setting(+4/-4 setting) when the truck is turned off. It will only remember the previous model I was on (city, sport, sport + mode).

I did chat with a PC rep and he did confirm that it should remember both the mode and the fine tune setting.

Any of you experienced this?