new guy with hennessey raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011joe

Reaction score
I just posted this in the new members forum but thought I might get more help here.
Hi everyone, I'm sure Im gonna get some heat from everyone for mentioning a hennessey raptor but I got the deal of a lifetime on it. So where do I go from here a 2011 velociraptor 600 with 17k miles. Help me with figure out what I need to fix on this truck, I have had years of experience with diesels but never even been in a supercharged vehicle. I did buy a 2013 raptor new, sold it in 2014 and decided I needed another raptor.

Tuning has some surging issues?

Procharger seems like it might need rebuilt? Has a rattle to it? Has oil around the the breather before the intercooler?

How many leaves are in the rear on a stock 11 crew cab?

I live in central ohio is there somewhere reasonably close that I can trust to take it to and have them check it all out?

Than you

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Start by undoing any work that Hennessy did to it? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Call Procharger and ask where they recommend you take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2011joe

Reaction score
Lol thanks for the encouragement, yeah still runs awsome. Just terrible terrible tunning and a concern of the supercharger needing rebuilt but it may be perfectly fine I just don't have an ounce of experience with superchargers.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think Livernois did a Tune for the Procharger for someone on this forum.
He claims it runs fine and I think he was at a Snowball event.
Can someone point to this forum member to 2011joe

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with everybody (esp MTF), you should make an appt with livernois and stay away from any email tunes with that set-up. They will in the least give you some respectful options.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into MD Motorsports, they are (or were) in Northern Kentucky, they did a good job on a base tune for my Lightning a while back.

You could also look into Johnny Lighting, in PA, not sure what he has done with the Raptors if anything.

Can't go wrong with JDM, they are on here.