Issues with JDM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blynd

Reaction score
Anyone else had any issues with JDM Engineering delivering stuff? Been a month and I still don't have everything I ordered.

OP
OP
blynd

blynd

Reaction score
Did you call the shop?

Yes, I have talked with them directly. Just a bit irritating. They are friendly and responsive but damn.... their management of orders needs help! Sort of feel like if I hadn't of called, I wouldn't have any part of my order.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have ordered and receive 5 roush upgrade kits in 1 month . They were coming off a big race and Sr who does the tuning was out of town for a little bit . You can pay $100 extra for a rush order . They get to their tunes in the order they are received . sometimes it can take a little bit . But I do agree a month is a little extensive

OP
OP
blynd

blynd

Reaction score
I have ordered and receive 5 roush upgrade kits in 1 month . They were coming off a big race and Sr who does the tuning was out of town for a little bit . You can pay $100 extra for a rush order . They get to their tunes in the order they are received . sometimes it can take a little bit . But I do agree a month is a little extensive

Yeah, one guy doing all the tunes who is the owner basically and stretching himself too thin. Maybe start delegating some duties to other people haha.

There were some things I needed drop shipped and one is an upgraded pulley for my supercharger from Roush. So I have everything but now waiting on that. Unfortunately, that has put a hold on getting everything installed. The place I had scheduled my install with has a dyno and I have to schedule time for that. Had it scheduled for next Monday but I now will likely have to cancel due to the pulley not being here.

JDM are nice people but I feel like maybe they just need to reevaluate a few things to keep customers happy.

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its a manufacturer issue and not the retailer?

When I worked for Edlebrock there was sometimes issues with production or outside vendor sourced product, or even just manufacturing delays. Example, the LS1 cylinder head that was over a year delayed.

OP
OP
blynd

blynd

Reaction score
Maybe its a manufacturer issue and not the retailer?

When I worked for Edlebrock there was sometimes issues with production or outside vendor sourced product, or even just manufacturing delays. Example, the LS1 cylinder head that was over a year delayed.

I found out that apparently they are hiring haha. So anyone in the New Jersey area, hit them up! It does boil down to them being understaffed from what I found out.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, one guy doing all the tunes who is the owner basically and stretching himself too thin. Maybe start delegating some duties to other people haha.

There were some things I needed drop shipped and one is an upgraded pulley for my supercharger from Roush. So I have everything but now waiting on that. Unfortunately, that has put a hold on getting everything installed. The place I had scheduled my install with has a dyno and I have to schedule time for that. Had it scheduled for next Monday but I now will likely have to cancel due to the pulley not being here.

JDM are nice people but I feel like maybe they just need to reevaluate a few things to keep customers happy.

Hey we apologize about the wait, we have the pulley shipping out Friday apparently there was a hold up with it at Roush. Usually things get done quicker, but we have been busy and Jim Sr.'s been out of town a lot. I appreciate you contacting us and placing the initial order, if there is ever anything else we or I can do again just let me know!

JimIII

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I found out that apparently they are hiring haha. So anyone in the New Jersey area, hit them up! It does boil down to them being understaffed from what I found out.

That's for our shop we are looking for new mechanics, the shop has been very busy this year we try to keep up as much as we can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter