Headers/Tune Combos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loup62

Reaction score
Hey guys so I've decided that I want to add headers and a tune to my Raptor. I already have a Corsa Extreme exhaust system and was just looking for a little extra giddy up and sound. Was just curious to see which combo of headers and tune y'all are running and what are y'all experiences, opinions, suggestions, etc. to help me decide which combo I end up with. Thanks

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed Kooks from JDM with SVC Tune. Idles smooth, runs great, no check engine light and the sound is just right. I have the Borla touring I grafted in and kept the resinator. Quiet on the highway till you mash the skinny pedal.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The SVC Tune

Sounds like our tune is just what you are looking for. The SVC Tune greatly improves overall drivability while granting more horsepower, crisper shifts, as well as holding gears longer while towing. The kit comes with the hand held SCT Tuner with our proven software installed. When developing the tune, the same safety procedures were taken as the OEM manufacturer so you will not only feel the power, but also have the piece of mind knowing the proper steps were taken to ensure the life of vital components in your Raptor. Check out our website or give us a call if you have any questions about the tuner or any of our other products.

The Tune, By SVC

-Bailey

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like our tune is just what you are looking for. The SVC Tune greatly improves overall drivability while granting more horsepower, crisper shifts, as well as holding gears longer while towing. The kit comes with the hand held SCT Tuner with our proven software installed. When developing the tune, the same safety procedures were taken as the OEM manufacturer so you will not only feel the power, but also have the piece of mind knowing the proper steps were taken to ensure the life of vital components in your Raptor. Check out our website or give us a call if you have any questions about the tuner or any of our other products.

The Tune, By SVC

-Bailey

^^ Just do it!! Best money I've spent.

OP
OP
L

Loup62

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate the feed back! I will be sure to get with y'all when the time comes.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Tune, By SVC

-Bailey

What headers, mid, exhaust works best with your tune? I was thinking about corsa (least drone I believe) as well but like the OP I'm not sure what headers etc I should have.

I believe you recommend stock intake?

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, Hi-Flow Cats, Corsa Exhaust Extreme, Volant CAI, with 5STAR 93PERF Tune. Very, very slight drone/buzz, but nothing to give you a headache. If you have stock CAI, I believe the stock CAI resonator box keeps things quieter. I've tried various SVC and 5STAR Tunes, but always go back to 5STAR 93 Performance Tune. Cold start is loud, but once everything heats up, very good sound for a daily driver and pure bad ass sound when mashing down on the go pedal.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
What headers, mid, exhaust works best with your tune? I was thinking about corsa (least drone I believe) as well but like the OP I'm not sure what headers etc I should have.

I believe you recommend stock intake?

I had the Corsa Extreme catback and loved the sound. So I talked my bro into getting it on his Raptor. But he decided to have Stainless Works headers put on at the same time. BAD IDEA. Does not sound good at all. If you like loud and obnoxious and drone, then this is your combo. Otherwise, go with the SW long tubes and something like a MagnaFlow catback.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Corsa Extreme catback and loved the sound. So I talked my bro into getting it on his Raptor. But he decided to have Stainless Works headers put on at the same time. BAD IDEA. Does not sound good at all. If you like loud and obnoxious and drone, then this is your combo. Otherwise, go with the SW long tubes and something like a MagnaFlow catback.

Thanks, that was exactly what I thought would be a good idea. Not looking for drone at all.