6.2L Heads needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the options out today for increase in power I'm thinking of keeping this truck N/A . So right now I'm thinking of having some heads ported and polished and doing some long tubes . I see Livernos has a set up and with cams claims of 85rwhp . putting it at 400/400 whp . I also am not looking to go to crazy with it which is why I'm thinking of doing the heads and exhaust .

So who has a lead on some used heads ? They can be complete or bare . Ill have the local shop Kris Stars Racing do the heads and set up the springs and cams . Then get it back together and tuned with a 87/93 tunes .

Anybody got some ?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only Cams ever made for the 6.2L are Livernoises. And a working Tune for them!
Unless you want to pay for one-off custom ground ones.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only Cams ever made for the 6.2L are Livernoises. And a working Tune for them!
Unless you want to pay for one-off custom ground ones.

Actually Ford Motorsports had 6.2 cams which if I recall correctly was for the Raptor R that never happened. Used to see them on eBay but not sure if there are still anymore out there.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can buy the cams maybe still but they do not have the heads that would fit them.
Also I believe the Raptor R and special pistons made to accommodate the valves.

Livernois is the only full production cam setup, I should have stated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BeansGT

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but im looking for the heads more then cams . If I can get a set of heads complete or bare ill have then P&P and then keep my truck running till I can do the swap. Thanks for the replys though

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also I believe the Raptor R and special pistons made to accommodate the valves.

Livernois is the only full production cam setup, I should have stated.

^^^ This ^^^

The R/XT cams won't fit without fly cut or dished pistons. Nobody recommends cutting the pistons. The Livernois cams are max lift without interference - no need in reinventing the wheel.

I'm still waiting for someone to do a long runner sheet metal intake to see what kind of torque gains can be had.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^ This ^^^

The R/XT cams won't fit without fly cut or dished pistons. Nobody recommends cutting the pistons. The Livernois cams are max lift without interference - no need in reinventing the wheel.

I'm still waiting for someone to do a long runner sheet metal intake to see what kind of torque gains can be had.

There was a guy working on one but we haven't heard anything about it for some time. I originally wanted to stay NA, as well, but got tired of waiting so went with the tried and true Whipple.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/intake-manifold-42073/

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was a guy working on one but we haven't heard anything about it for some time. I originally wanted to stay NA, as well, but got tired of waiting so went with the tried and true Whipple.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/intake-manifold-42073/

It's a shame that thread died. I'd buy one today if the hp/tq numbers were right. I'm staying n/a purely for weight reasons, this thing doesn't need another 100lbs over the nose.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a shame that thread died. I'd buy one today if the hp/tq numbers were right. I'm staying n/a purely for weight reasons, this thing doesn't need another 100lbs over the nose.

Agree. What I really wanted was to drop 100 pounds off the nose by swapping in a stroked LS7 but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to tackle that little project.