6.2 Roush S/C Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Stealthf1

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with MTF. I have no issues starting up my truck at all, fires up just as it did before the kit was installed.

Nola-No, but I have Roushs 3y/36k warranty.

Bryson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, I got to take the truck out last Wed out on the streets in Baton Rouge when I stopped by to check it out finally complete and fully tuned. Drivability is outstanding, just def baby it from a dead stop and not WOT since it will def burn the back 2 tires off and give some wheel hop and this is running the truck in 90+ degree weather,Kinda upset I havent had the chance to take it out on a cool night lol. Can say though turning off the traction control and playing def puts a hell of a smile on my face. Last run on the dyno if i remember correctly it hit alittle over 480. I'll get with the guys when I get back home from offshore and get some pics of the sheets and all the #'s to load up.

It's the calibrated Roush kit with the warrenty and cost me 6k+ MTF.

Heres a dyno vid after everything was installed and tuned.

Stang Hi '12SVTRaptor RoushTVS SWLT TonyD - YouTube

what kind of headers and exhaust?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To Griffinoil,

I believe the hard starting issue, is the nature of centrifugal forced air systems just like turbo systems,
you are supposed to let it idle for a minute before shutting down.
Even diesel turbo charged systems.

What you’re getting is vapor lock!

There are too many sensors in the exhaust, and it’s reading too rich and shutting the injectors down.
So if I were you, I would try letting it idle for about a minute or less before shutting down and see if it helps!

Last edited:

griffinoil

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MTF,

I am not an engine guy, but this is a Roush - roots type supercharger (twin screw positive displacement), not a centrifugal.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

StealthF1

Did your package include upgrading the fuel injectors?

Thanks.

NolaRaptor

Reaction score
Stealthf1 said:
I agree with MTF. I have no issues starting up my truck at all, fires up just as it did before the kit was installed.

Nola-No, but I have Roushs 3y/36k warranty.

What does that warranty cover? Besides the kit what else did you add to it? What was the total you paid installation and all? If you don't mind me asking.
How badass do you feel driving that beast?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You were talking about the Hennessey Velociraptor 600? And the the issuses you have NO?

The Velociraptor 600 uses the ProCharger last I looked unless they added options for different SC

If not then I'm confused.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for setting me straight guys. I guess they blew up enough 6.2s :)

Roush uses the Eaton SC and when I talked with them on this forum they do not do a Tune for Long Tube headers either.

Check out the thread:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/roush-6-2l-tune-long-tube-headers-13259/#post196040

The Hennessey Boys might run into trouble like Torq did with Whipple!!!

To Griffinoil,

Let me know when you have over 300 miles on it, I'm very interested on how it runs.

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turbo engines idle the engine before shut down to circulate oil to help cool the turbo off. That is the only purpose and there is no such point in doing it with a dynamic type supercharger because the heat produced during operation isn't extreme.

It's not vapor locking. The fuel pressure on the Raptor is 40+ psi, unless your under hood temp is 1000*.... It's not happening. Fuel quality is getting shittier and older carburetor engines that ran fine off the typical 7psi years ago are prone to vapor lock on today's fuel. But with any modern EFI this isn't a problem.

Is this the setup that Hennessey is putting on the Velociraptor 600?

I just took delivery of a hennessey Velociraptor 600. It is a lot of fun, but as a perfectionist, I have few issues. One - My dyno only shows 453 hp to the rear wheels. I see where you are getttiing 480 plus. Also, their published dyno on this package is over 475 hp.

Second, on a cold start (after minimum 30 minute shut down) - my starter cranks for a painful, extended period before the engine actually starts. My sales guy said it was because of the upgraded injectors and a functon of them having to fill up again before the computer allows the engine to start. My engine expert friends are calling bs on that explanation.

Any thoughts?

Now that's funny. The fuel rail up into the injector pintle valve stays primed when the key is turned off. What does bleed down is instantly pressurized when the key is turned past the run position. What they told you is a load of shit. Nothing is being "filled up" under normal condition big injectors or not.

OP
OP
Stealthf1

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Griffinoil, Yes I have the upgraded injectors.

Bryson and Nola Pm's inbound.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

As for how it feels to drive the truck,

Badass status-Engaged. Let me tell you I couldnt ask someone not to stop what they were doing and look at the truck as it passed by or when I left a redlight. I'm pretty sure this thing will drown out any other vehicle on the road it's truly a beast. My gf noticed it even stopped people from txting when they heard it roaring by Ricky Bobby style, Shake & Bake. Can't say enough how happy I am with the Roush kit, Stainless Works products and the work done by the guys at Stang Hi, and esp with Codys tuning everyone involved did an outstanding job. But trucks not done just yet, I've got afew more ideas and more money to spend, before swapping it out and throwing the GT500 into the shop for the guys to play with.