10% OD lower for roush raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just had my VMP tuned roush blower installed no am looking for an extra 2-4# of boost since I'm at 5500ft here. Car feels strong just want to get that bit of extra boost. I have run the 10% lower on my Shelby KR with tvs and my boss 302 LS with tvs with great power and no issues. But cars made 720-730whp on pump gas.

I know how fast these tvs blower can spin and make 20#' which is not what the raptor need but 11-15#'s would be prefect. I have done headers etc but this time just want a bit more boost and power. Being the roush snout can't go any smaller than what is out I figured the lower is perfect option. I'm not sure of any weight savings like the 07-08 gt500 but that would be a plus to. Catch is I need to run a good batch of these and wanted to see if any other roush owners felt the need for 50-60hp to make it just right. Build time is about 12 weeks and would love to get a group buy on a small run for us. I know Justin at vmp could tune as I'm sure Jdm and other top tuners could be the same. Now this is for high elevation guys not getting full boost.nim not sure what guys make at see level so don't want to say you would be fine no hve issue. I see the whipple can go as high s 675hp and roush is 590-600hp so I feel it's safe to get this bump in power. I raced a Shelby 750hp truck and the low end torque was gone but his top end was coming but not before we shut down at 100mph. Just an option and seeing if people want some extra power. For this to work I need 10 guys who are serious.

Text me if you are serious and if not or if I have offended anyone my apologies just trying to make my truck run better and use my RD and work help other members.

J.C. 505-504-1027

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ATI makes a 12℅ O.D. Harmonic Balancer with pulley for the Raptor.
A few guys are running it, NA and SC
It is good for another 2+ psi for the Whipple not sure for Roush.
Roush does have smaller SC pulleys.

Or are you talking about something else?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ready for the IW 10% OD install

IW did great work and have the new 10% OD in hand and ready for install and dyno this week. On Justin's tune and pulley on 91 pump truck pulled right at 450whp and 500wlbft. Tune was very safe and could pull power there if need be but I like it safe. Stock headers, cats, big heavy general 35 MTR's etc.

Will get the graph, some videos and pre and post results up soon. I'm excited and happy IW worked so well with me to get these set up for me.

Any raptors in New Mexico stock, roush kits, whipple or even Hellion kits contact me as I would love to rent the 1/4 and get some real world results of how all these trucks run here at elevation with our set ups.

We vboxed my truck with a DA of 6600 and ran 0-60 of 5.9, 1/4 mile was 14.3@95mph and that's running my big mud tires, snug top shell, warn 9.5xp, full tank of gas, 2 of us in truck (380lbs) and bed full of tools, handyman jack etc. So far very happy with this set up.

OP
OP
B

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATI makes a 12℅ O.D. Harmonic Balancer with pulley for the Raptor.
A few guys are running it, NA and SC
It is good for another 2+ psi for the Whipple not sure for Roush.
Roush does have smaller SC pulleys.

Or are you talking about something else?

No it is a lower OD pulley. ATI only makes a 10-12 rib set up. I wanted a factory 6 rib so it works on any truck and wanted to stay at 10%. IW and I spoke about doing a 15% but we will start with this 10% and go from there.

Thanks for the info. My roush already has the smallest pulley you can put on it, a VMP 69mm. After that you need to mess with the snout and that seemed like more of a hassle with more issues and maybe belt slip vs doing a simple lower swap.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Innovators West makes good stuff!

Yes they do. Looks like a piece of art and shaved a huge amount of weight off the factory pulley. I really like those guys and how they work.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No it is a lower OD pulley. ATI only makes a 10-12 rib set up. I wanted a factory 6 rib so it works on any truck and wanted to stay at 10%. IW and I spoke about doing a 15% but we will start with this 10% and go from there.

Thanks for the info. My roush already has the smallest pulley you can put on it, a VMP 69mm. After that you need to mess with the snout and that seemed like more of a hassle with more issues and maybe belt slip vs doing a simple lower swap.

I talked to ATI about a year and half ago, they said they can do the 12% OD. 6 rib harmonic balancer with pulley. If they change there minds I can't help that.
I was really wanting to get an 8 rib setup going for our 6.2L and ran into difficulty when trying to find the pulleys for the AC, Power steering and water pump.

Member Biggest, did a one off 8 rib system but I could never afford that. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to ATI about a year and half ago, they said they can do the 12% OD. 6 rib harmonic balancer with pulley. If they change there minds I can't help that.
I was really wanting to get an 8 rib setup going for our 6.2L and ran into difficulty when trying to find the pulleys for the AC, Power steering and water pump.

Member Biggest, did a one off 8 rib system but I could never afford that. LOL

I agree the 8rib is a pain and hard to setup and not cheap. I wanted to do that on my KR and Boss but the cost was up there. I figured the raptor doesn't make so much boost that belt slip is an issue anyway but I did leave room on the 10% if someone really wants an 8 rib I can have it made for them.

I'm just excited to get it on and see what kind of power/boost increase we see.

OP
OP
B

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So who makes this larger lower pulley for Roush supercharged trucks?

I worked with IW and gave them the specs and what I wanted and needed in case we wanted to go to 15% or 8 rib etc.

Install is wrapping up and will have the videos, data, gains, boot difference all up in the next week or so depending how busy work gets. I have just learned that at a mile high we also get robbed on power and boost so decided to reach out and make my own parts and hold the rights to it since it was my RD, time, $$, truck etc.

If it does what I hope it will should be great for me and any guys at high elevation that run roush raptors and want those few pounds of boost we lose back. Also I'm on 91 gas as that's all we have here in New Mexico.

Wish me luck guys!!