water spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to get hard water spots off the paint? Do you have a recommended product for that?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks @2014RubyRed!

For water spots, wash the truck really good then use a clay bar with Detail Spray.

If that does not get them off, let me know and we can talk about Plan B.

-Dan

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did the clay bar and detail spray work for you? I had serious water spots on my window and I took some hard core distilled white vinegar to it, worked like a charm. Not sure about on the paint though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Second on using distilled vinegar on glass, takes it right off. I have used it on the paint but I would highly suggest using a super soft cloth as vinegar alone will take off the wax and sealant. DO NOT apply hard pressure when wiping, don't ask how I know. You will need to plan on re-applying wax/sealant immediately afterwards.

A quick search find products that are used to remove water spots.
http://amzn.com/B004BFW0EO

Article here:
Using Vinegar to remove water spots - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second on using distilled vinegar on glass, takes it right off. I have used it on the paint but I would highly suggest using a super soft cloth as vinegar alone will take off the wax and sealant. DO NOT apply hard pressure when wiping, don't ask how I know. You will need to plan on re-applying wax/sealant immediately afterwards.

A quick search find products that are used to remove water spots.
http://amzn.com/B004BFW0EO

Article here:
Using Vinegar to remove water spots - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
Great I'll have to check this out. I never had trouble with water spots when I lived in Maine but in Florida it's terrible.

OP
OP
punchinpaper

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the clay bar and detail spray work for you? I had serious water spots on my window and I took some hard core distilled white vinegar to it, worked like a charm. Not sure about on the paint though

The issue is how much of the surface area that is covered. Its nearly the entire driver door, front fender, and parts of the hood. The clay bar was removing just a little of the spots and it was not overly effective.

I will try some of these other options when the weather permits.
thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

The issue is how much of the surface area that is covered. Its nearly the entire driver door, front fender, and parts of the hood. The clay bar was removing just a little of the spots and it was not overly effective.

I will try some of these other options when the weather permits.
thanks

Just leave you truck as is in your picture in your signature and then you won't have to worry about it. Truck looks sweet all dirty.