Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forum Supporting Vendors > Raptor Retrofit
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Raptor Retrofit

Need Help ASAP!!

This is a discussion on Need Help ASAP!! within the Raptor Retrofit forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forum Supporting Vendors category!
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe Oh man! About time. How much for a new waterproof harness? ? Yukon Joe GREAT ...

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Arrow
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
Oh man! About time. How much for a new waterproof harness? ?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS
The new relay sells for the same price, $35. I received mine today and it installs in about 30 minutes, exactly like the original kits. The relay and it's connector are now waterproof as is the fuse holder. The ballast plug and the projector plug appear to be the exactly the same as the previous ones. The wire gauge seems heavier in the new harness and the grounds are longer. The longer grounds along with a longer power wire give you a little more free play to work with.

Mods: Ducati LS460 Retro HID's w/ CBI's, Amber Rings and XB55 Watt Ballasts, MID-PERCH with 37" BFG AT KOs, V1-Blend-mount, Husky Storage, BedRug, Retrax Pro, DeeZee E-Z Down, Vision-X Xmitter Xtreme 21", LED Dome/Map Lights, USA Flag FORD Front Decal, Corsa Xtreme w/BLACK Tips
ARH1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Need Help ASAP!!
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
If anyone knows Dawsons number please pm me. Am in Colorado and am having big time problems with my lights again. Have 600 miles to go with no low beams... Dawson please check your pm.
Boss. Sometimes them relays can go out. U might be able to turn on your switch, then high beams to get the ballast/bulbs to start up until the relay gets warm (about 2-5 minutes of driving) and then you can turn off your brights solenoids but you'll have to keep your brights on at startup every time until the relay warms up before trying without highs. It's really confusing but This is a temporary emergency fix you might want to remember for a next time. It's been consistently problematic, working like this for a month if that makes any sense with my bad harness as well but I was at Raptoberfest when it started, lol. Most retrofit harnesses aren't OEM unless 2013 plus so we might be constantly finding ourselves in this kind of bind over time. Thought I would explain my temporary get out of a bind fix that others at Raptoberfest seen me dealing with.

DAWSON, will you ever consider with your services, either an OEM harness or an OEM relay retrofitted harness to go with your lights for added OEM reliability?! I'm one of them "mod and forget" kinda guys. Warranty or not, I rather not mess with again. Suspension is another story of course.

Method NV's (powder coated bolts) on Toyo 37's
Boatec Front AND rear Fenders! :)
Mid perch
Rigid Fogs
FOR NOW! HeHe!

Last edited by SwampKing; 11-19-2013 at 02:08 AM.
SwampKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ARH1956 View Post
The new relay sells for the same price, $35. I received mine today and it installs in about 30 minutes, exactly like the original kits. The relay and it's connector are now waterproof as is the fuse holder. The ballast plug and the projector plug appear to be the exactly the same as the previous ones. The wire gauge seems heavier in the new harness and the grounds are longer. The longer grounds along with a longer power wire give you a little more free play to work with.
Thanks for the update.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

FRF Gofur

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum
I talked with TRS this morning and the new waterproof harnesses have arrived. I was assured that although the picture @ the TRS Store website has not been updated, if you order a new H13 Bi-Xenon harness it will be the new style. I ordered mine immediately.
Guess I'll be ordering mine tonight, my driver's side isn't working and I need to get these here before the passenger side quits.....

Chris@FreedomMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Chris@FreedomMotorsports View Post
Guess I'll be ordering mine tonight, my driver's side isn't working and I need to get these here before the passenger side quits.....
Yeah, the tiny pins on these relays and the corresponding small contact area in the harness are a problem if they ever get wet. The new harness is not only waterproof but has larger contacts as a bonus.

Mods: Ducati LS460 Retro HID's w/ CBI's, Amber Rings and XB55 Watt Ballasts, MID-PERCH with 37" BFG AT KOs, V1-Blend-mount, Husky Storage, BedRug, Retrax Pro, DeeZee E-Z Down, Vision-X Xmitter Xtreme 21", LED Dome/Map Lights, USA Flag FORD Front Decal, Corsa Xtreme w/BLACK Tips
Old 10-31-2016, 07:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Bringing this back form the dead... Driver side lights up for a split second then cuts. Grounds are solid, thinking it has to be harness/relay driven. Did the new harness fix everyone's issues in this thread? I think I bought my kit from Dawson in 2014 sometime, so not sure what harness I got. It's black and looks like the one listed on the TRS website, not the orange one posted in this thread. Are the new ones all orange?
Plan B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

Hey ARH, this was quite a while ago but do you have a link for the relay?

Hello, my name is Chad and I am a Raptorholic.
2011 Blue Flame SCrew
scarrjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:55 PM   #28 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by scarrjack View Post
Hey ARH, this was quite a while ago but do you have a link for the relay?
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/al...ect_restrict=1
scarrjack likes this.