FAQ Cliff Notes to the Ford Raptor User Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cliff Notes to the Ford Raptor User Manual

Not sure if a thread of this kind has been started here before, I could not find a thread with all the info below in one place. Goal of this thread is to have useful tips or tricks we have found in the User’s Manuel or just playing around with the Raptor.

I have been reading what seems to be daily, for the past year or so, threads and posts on here, and never had anything to contribute to be deemed “thread” material. (I am new to the sandbox. . .)

:peace: So I start this thread, with a Big Thank You, to all who have contributed to the Ford Raptor community!!! Without you guys, most of us noobie sand pounders, would most likely be in the dark regarding many of the awesome mods and helpful advice that has spread around the Ford Raptor Community.

Again, Many thanks to all who keep these Raptor Forums going!!!

Cliff Notes to the Ford Raptor User Manual;

1. Seek Radio Stations. . . when listing to the radio, Press and Hold << or >> on the Steering Wheel to seek for radio stations, useful in both Sirus & AM/FM radio.

2. Skip Sync Lady talking. . . Press the SYNC button on the steering wheel twice to skip the SYNC lady.

3. Hang/End Phone calls. . . Press and Hold the phone button on the steering wheel to hang up the phone during or the end of the phone conversation.

4. Tow/Haulass mode. . . Press the T/H button on the shifter, located below the + & -(select shift/Manual mode). Useful when going uphill/mountains and of course. . . to haulass.

5. Accessing the Diagnostics. . . On the 4.2” Productivity Screen on the 11/12 Raptors. To enter, turn the key to the off position. Hold "ok" button for 4-5 sec. Turn key to "run" while still holding button. Continue holding button until 4-5 sec’s after “built ford tough" logo disappears. Then you can toggle through all kinds of diagnostics and information, including software versions using the ok button.

You can do the same/similar with the 09/10 trucks. With the key in the off position press and hold trip reset button on the instrument cluster and hold for 3 seconds, then turn the key to the ACC. position while still holding the reset button for another 2-3 seconds. (Found this on another Ford F150 Forum. . . Please confirm, as I drive a 2011. . .)

6. Back-up Camera Display Delay. . . Until accelerated above 5mph. Go to the camera settings in the productivity screen.

7. Switching from Two Step to One Step Door Unlocking. . .Your vehicle comes with two step unlocking enabled. Unlocking can be switched between two step and one step door unlocking by pressing and
holding both lock and unlock simultaneously on the remote entry transmitter for approximately four seconds. The hazard lamps will flash twice to indicate that the vehicle has switched to one step unlocking.
Repeat the procedure to switch back to two-step unlocking.

8. Lock the Vehicle while engine Running. . . Exit the vehicle while engine is running and Close door completely shut. Press the last two numbers (7/8 & 9/0) on the door keypad to lock the vehicle. To unlock enter the keypad code linked with your vehicle.

To unlock all doors, enter the factory set code or personal code (driver door unlocks) and press the 3/4 control within five seconds.

9. Vehicle Keypad code. . . Your vehicle has a factory set 5 digit code that operates the key less entry system. You can also program your own 5 digit personal entry code.

The factory-set code is located:

• on the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment

• at your dealer.

•or On the bar code sticker on the back of the fuse box block .

Follow the link below, to a Step by Step from forum member VERYTALONTED, thanks bro :waytogo:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/door-keypad-code-location-11409/

Programming your own personal entry code

To program your own code:

1. Enter factory set code (keypad will illuminate when pressed).

2. Press 1/2 control within five seconds of step 1.

3. Enter your personal 5 digit code.

Enter each digit within five seconds of previous one.

4. After the code is entered, the locks will cycle, confirming

that the new code has been set.

Do not set a code that includes five of the same number or presents them in sequential order. Thieves can easily figure out these types of codes.

***Your personal code does not replace the permanent code that the Factory/dealership gave you. You can use either code to unlock your vehicle. If a second personal code is entered, the module will erase the first personal code in favor of the new code.

10. Seatbelts chime OFF. . . *Credit goes to BOJANGELES for his great step by step, to turn off the seatbelt chimes. Thanks bro :waytogo:

Before following procedure make sure that:
-parking brake is set
-gearshift is in park
-the ignition is in off position
-the driver and front passenger safety belts are unbuckled

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (do NOT start the engine)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (approximately one minute)

***STEP 3 MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 30 SECONDS AFTER SAFETY BELT WARNING LIGHT TURNS OFF

3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending in the unbuckled state

***(after step 3, the restraint system warning light (airbag light) will be turned on for 3 seconds)

4. Within approximately 7 seconds of the light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

This will disable the BeltMinder feature for that seating position. As confirmation, the restraint system (seatbelt) warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.

-------------------------------

At this point, you're golden. Do the same thing on the other side and then your seatbelt-chime-woes are a thing of the past. The serenity of silence is well worth the short time this process takes.

You can re-enable the seatbelt chime at any time by repeating this process.

As stated above, this process is a better alternative to putting a dummy latchplate into the buckle to avoid the chime, because using a dummy latchplate may adversely affect your airbag system.

11. What gear you’re in. . . While in D(drive), you can press the + or – to view what gear you are currently in, as well as what gear your shifting to and from.

12. Start in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear. . . while in Manuel Mode.

13. PDF User Manuals from the FORD website. . . Have to enter as a F150 for the Raptor. . .Thanks to Forum memeber Droid for this one:waytogo:

:peace: Well there it is, if anyone has any corrections or additions please let us know thanks!!!

Last edited:

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score

ace75

Reaction score
Is there more than one way to adjust the dimmer setting for the dashlights?

ace75

Reaction score
yeah, besides that, is there any other way? That dimmer switch turns on the dome lights when I'm trying to get the dash lights brighter.

OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there more than one way to adjust the dimmer setting for the dashlights?

I believe what ACE75 is asking, is located on page 85 of our Vehicle User Manuals.

Sorry ACE75, but i feel like a dummy because, I still can't figure it out:shocked:

I found the below info, from a post on another FORD forum. . . though I still do not get it:Jedi:

Member 1: "?.. Am I doing it wrong, or have I just not found the "sweet spot" that will turn off the cabin lights WITHOUT dimming my instrument cluster lights at the same time? It's annoying to have to press the "+" button again to restore my dimmer to the original illumination every time I turn off my cabin lights."

Member 2: You're doing it wrong. It works just fine ... IF you do it right.

As you already pointed out, there is a detent (soft stop point) about halfway in when pressing the switch. THIS is how far you should press the switch (either way) if you want to adjust the dash illumination.

To turn the cabin light on or off without changing the dash illumination level, you FULLY press the switch (either way) BEYOND the soft detent stop point, all the way to the hard stop point AND THEN IMMEDIATELY RELEASE IT! Do NOT hold it down!

When you are turning the cabin light ON, the above will turn the light on almost immediately with no delay.

HOWEVER, when you FULLY press and IMMEDIATELY release the switch to turn OFF the cabin light, it doesn't shut off like a normal light switch (e.g.,, instant off), but instead it s-l-o-w-l-y dies down from full on to off in about 4-5 seconds, just as if you were to slowly turn down a wall dimmer switch (usually a round knob that you turn clockwise or counter-clockwise to brighten or dim your home lighting).

Most people don't realize the 'slow dim to off' is occurring (they are expecting the 'instant off', similar to the 'instant on'), so they start jamming and poking @ the button again -- and THAT is what makes the instrument cluster illumunation go up/down when you are TRYING to turn the cabin light on or off.

If you understand HOW the switch works, then you will quickly learn how to turn the cabin light on/off WITHOUT affecting the instrument illumination."

If anyone figures this out let us know, possibly with a vid on Utube :birgits_tiredcoffee

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t have my Raptor yet to verify, but the explanation is simple enough.
Partially depress the nob and turn it to adjust the instrument cluster and let go.
To turn on the interior lights just smack the nob (fully depress momentarily)
To turn them off just smack it again and stand by for things to happen :)