Vendor feedback/issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of you know I do not hold back any punches in regards to vendors products/services/claims..

Good, bad, or ugly I attempt to post what I my experience is with the Raptor, products, and service.

I have caught a LOT of flack for my shoot (post) first attitude when an issue occurs. In my opinion this is what a forum is meant to be used for. If you have a problem or issue you put it out there for other members to contribute, try to resolve, or bring awareness to a problem that might effect more than one member.

In general issues and problems that occurs with the Raptor this is standard procedure. When it comes to vendors is another story. We are supposed to go to the vendor first, let them know and resolve the issue, then and only then post it on the forum.

In an ideal world this method would work, but a lot of times the vendor will not take the issue seriously until there are more than one customer complaint/problem. (i could list several examples where this has happened).

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood, I have had nothing but great vendor experience...

Everyone makes mistakes, but there is nothing wrong with sharing experiences both good and bad.

I find it counter intuitive to post issues with, for example, Sync or MFT, but if an issue exists with a vendor we are to hold back and provide preferential treatment?

I also would like to know if someone is posting a write up on an install from a FRF vendor even if they are not a vendor, if they received a discount or were compensated in anyway., it only seems fair in full disclosure.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could you stop beating the bush and give me/us an example? :)

I also would like to know if someone is posting a write up on an install from a FRF vendor even if they are not a vendor, if they received a discount or were compensated in anyway., it only seems fair in full disclosure.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of you know I do not hold back any punches in regards to vendors products/services/claims..

Good, bad, or ugly I attempt to post what I my experience is with the Raptor, products, and service.

I have caught a LOT of flack for my shoot (post) first attitude when an issue occurs. In my opinion this is what a forum is meant to be used for. If you have a problem or issue you put it out there for other members to contribute, try to resolve, or bring awareness to a problem that might effect more than one member.

In general issues and problems that occurs with the Raptor this is standard procedure. When it comes to vendors is another story. We are supposed to go to the vendor first, let them know and resolve the issue, then and only then post it on the forum.

In an ideal world this method would work, but a lot of times the vendor will not take the issue seriously until there are more than one customer complaint/problem. (i could list several examples where this has happened).

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Well said Greg and I concur.

I have had great experiences and also not so great experiences with FRF vendors.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good topic Greg.

So maybe a compromise would be to make the vendor aware of the problem and give them the opportunity to rise to the occasion and immediately fix the problem (some do! I give you Awesome Dawson as exhibit A) However if they do not, then inform them that they have exactly ____ time period before all hell breaks loose on the forum and they get a bad rap.

I agree that some have to be forced to do the right kind of customer service. Either way, I would certainly like to hear how responsive vendors are when issues arise. Good Bad or Ugly. I refuse to do business with those who treat me like they don't need my business.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you stop beating the bush and give me/us an example? :)

There are no specific individuals or vendors i was referencing. I was trying to make a general point that if a member was writing a review on an install, it would be nice to know if the vendor provided the product as a "testing ground".

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree Greg, don't like these delays, and sharing your experience is what a forum is suppose to be all about. I got flack also for my dealings with ADD but in no way shape or form were they going to step up.. And it still took a lot of time to get so much as a phone call and I thank this forum for even getting that. Vendors should know full well behavior good bad or ugly will be exposed in a public format and nobody should be required to hold back for fear of offending a vendor. But it would be nice to hear more about positive events also.. Maybe a vendor execution area to say it the way it is.. lol.. But yes you should never be required to make an extra effort to make a company do the right thing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter