True dual no cats.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer

Reaction score
I have looked all over on this forum and it might be that I am just missing it but does anybody have good ol regular true dual strait pipes with cats deleted on their 6.2 raptor? This is the route i have always used on all of my trucks and can't decide if i should go 2.25 or 2.5 for tubing size. Back in the day the smaller pipe always gave a much more rappy sound and the larger pipe was more tinny sounding. I know these trucks flow more air so it may require 2.5
Just wondering if anyone has done true dual? Mine will be done by a custom shop and will probably have old school side exits. It might b a little redneck but i except what i am at this point.

OP
OP
F

Farmer

Reaction score
Same way we have always done it you gotta cross to the passenger side to get around the transfer case and fuel tank then you cross back to the driver side around the spare tire, can x the pipes if you want makes the lubing lengh stay pretty simular if you do that.

How loud is loud? I had a 5.4 in an 04 fx4 that was strait piped and was the best sounding pickup i ever owned, still miss it for that reason.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same way we have always done it you gotta cross to the passenger side to get around the transfer case and fuel tank then you cross back to the driver side around the spare tire, can x the pipes if you want makes the lubing lengh stay pretty simular if you do that.

How loud is loud? I had a 5.4 in an 04 fx4 that was strait piped and was the best sounding pickup i ever owned, still miss it for that reason.

I have most of that but did put on high flow cats. It is the system from Stainless Works. It has their headers, dual cats, X pipe and then originally did exactly what you said crossed over behind the axle and then was straight out the back. Last year I actually put holes in bottom of box behind rear tires and ran the exhaust thru those, still on each side. I am pretty sure it is 3 inch pipe. But again, I do have the cats, so would imagine it would be a little louder. I am running the S tube mufflers, which quiet it down a bit. Muffler choice is going to make a big difference on how loud it is, and if it would end up having any severe drone.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw similar rear exit in one truck and i have been tempted to do this when i get my headers. Would you happen to have any pic's of yours? I would like to see it. Thanks

Here are a few pictures of what it looked like with the dual exhaust out the back.
IMG_5815.jpg

Raptor%2B1.jpg

Bumper%2BR%2B4.jpg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The headers are worth it IMO first time for me it's in my signature. I do have the s type mufflers but no cats. It's loud