Sooo, headers will be roughly a $2500 endeavor, should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So paying for the price of the headers ($1600), ceramic coating ($450) and install ($250) plus tax and other stuff for headers I am asking myself if I should pull the trigger or not.

The truck is fun as hell with a corsa cat back, intake and SVC tune, but like most on here, I am a firm believer in more is better.

I was saving for s SC, but my wife will never let me spend $7500++ on one, so this is my form of a "compromise"

Now the question, is it worth it? Please those with SW headers chime in on your thoughts of "before" and "after".....

OP
OP
nsdq3

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been, but the free install is if you get a complete system. I want to keep my Corsa so I will only be getting the headers. Not complaining a bit about a $250 tag for header installation, bargain.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I have been, but the free install is if you get a complete system. I want to keep my Corsa so I will only be getting the headers. Not complaining a bit about a $250 tag for header installation, bargain.

Yeah, that's too good to be true. Most header installs are $1000+

SWChris

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So paying for the price of the headers ($1600), ceramic coating ($450) and install ($250) plus tax and other stuff for headers I am asking myself if I should pull the trigger or not.

The truck is fun as hell with a corsa cat back, intake and SVC tune, but like most on here, I am a firm believer in more is better.

I was saving for s SC, but my wife will never let me spend $7500++ on one, so this is my form of a "compromise"

Now the question, is it worth it? Please those with SW headers chime in on your thoughts of "before" and "after".....

We do offer Free installation for Military members! Let me know if this is of interest to you and i can give you a quote. Have you thought about Stainless Power? We are running a special on them right now.

Talk to Stainless Works. They offer free installation to Military members....

I was just getting ready to ask if he was as i seen the FRF Military banner he has.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i went without the coating, that could save you a chunk of money...not sure if anyone can chime in that has the coating and if it was worth it to them...to me, at the time, it wasn't...i guess you don't miss what you don't have hahaha...

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the coating, but only on the headers. Don't know how much it helps, still gets effing hot, never overheated though.

They sound great, lost some bottom end torque.

But they sound great.

vids in the sig

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headers are definitely worth it. Not a lot of hp for the cost, but you will get some increased "giddy up" and more throaty sound. My wife would not ever let me do an sc either if she knew about it. Last vacation, dropped the truck off, got it installed, and she never knew the difference. Granted she knows nothing about cars or trucks. Maybe she knows and just lets it go. Who knows. Once you go sc, you will never go back. 6500 pounds going 0-60 in 5 seconds is either really cool, or really stupid. Hell it's both. To each their own!

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
srry i dont have sw, got a diffrent brand but i can tell you headers are amazing go for it wont disappoint at all