Not happy with magnaflow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to put a different muffler on the Raptor. Went to the local shop, and the owner sold me a magnaflow. Had it welded in place of the stock ford muffler.

Not liking it. Quieter than stock? Truck feels like the exhaust is corked up? I think I'm going to spend the money on a real cat back, or just the stock muffler put back.

Thoughts?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've read a lot of good things about the Magnaflow. You might want to consider deleting the resonator. Or maybe a Borla ProXS muffler from Amazon for $100. Or a Flowmaster 40. It's louder.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Magnaflow (Though I didn't weld it in place) and it sounded way better than stock before I put the Kooks Headers and High Flow Catted Pipes from kooks as well. Now it sounds like in steroids. Before the kooks it sounded a little louder than factory but when hitting tje gas pedal it rumbled really nice. Now it growls like a real beast.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mikehoncho88

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resonator delete was going to be the next step... But I really feel like this muffler is more restrictive than stock... That's what I get for going cheap lol.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Stainless Works catback with the S Tube mufflers and I love it. I decided I wanted more rumble and put a resonator delete pipe on, and it turns heads. It's a little more costly than some other catbacks, but it is a quality unit. I get lots of compliments. I have absolutely no drone. I have the rear bumper exit, not sure if that is the reason for no drone, but you can even hold a conversation inside the cab...my 2 cents

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the model (part number) of Magnaflow muffler that your exhaust shop welded in?

Magnaflow mufflers do tend to get a little "louder" over time so you may want to run with it for awhile (IIRC it has to do with the material inside of the mufflers, italian rock wool).

Some folks just don't like the way a "straight through" muffler sounds and they just prefer the way a chambered muffler (ie - Flowmaster or similar) sounds.

OP
OP
mikehoncho88

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the model (part number) of Magnaflow muffler that your exhaust shop welded in?

Magnaflow mufflers do tend to get a little "louder" over time so you may want to run with it for awhile (IIRC it has to do with the material inside of the mufflers, italian rock wool).

Some folks just don't like the way a "straight through" muffler sounds and they just prefer the way a chambered muffler (ie - Flowmaster or similar) sounds.

Not sure on the model number. If it's not on the receipt, I'm sure it's stamped on the side. I can check it tomorrow. I think I may fall into the category that doesn't like a magnaflow lol.