Took a look at my sound system wtf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the truck with all these audio upgrades (seems more of a nightmare) anyways I think it sounds like shit and would like to know what I can do to remedy it. Finally got around to pulling my rear seats to see what's going on and here's what I got. Also my Bluetooth and usb cuts in and out horribly so idk what the hell they butchered this thing into also has a zapco equalizer hopefully my pic uploads

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 290

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like all JL audio equipment (Unless they make knock off JL amps that I do not know about). So if actually JL its good stuff.

If it sounds like crap its probably either from improperly configured or wired like shit, or possibly both.

OP
OP
str8fast

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah it's all jl has 2 13" subs 3 way components all the way around and custom front kick panels with 3 way components and 3 jl amps 2 jl clean sweep thingamajiggers wiring is not by any means "clean" but everything seems good quality. Audio will take a bit to kick in when volume is turned up and really seems like it missing some range though. Bluetooth and usb sounds like shit and cracks changes volume and tone etc radio sounds decent but god it's been a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its all jl stuff. hd amplifiers and a cleansweep and summing device. part of the problem is using an eq and the cleansweep. one or the other, not both

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also i see 3 inputs into the cleansweep. usually not a good sign since i know the rear/sub signal will distort the audio in our trucks