Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MPETE

Reaction score
I would be a bit skeptical of anything that lists 2011+ and being plug and play. From what I have read, the plug and play units are truly only for 2011+, the 2010's require cutting and splicing. Do your own research because I am not 100% positive on this, but I do know there is a difference in the 2010-older and the 2011+.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without having to factory remote start installed from build date your missing lots of stuff.

I think your best bet would be to upgrade to an alarm+remote start and new key fobs.

I'm sure Noah (The Car Stereo Company) will chime in and tell you what you need.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the replies. I will look into it further

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have never seen that unit before. and the price? it seems a bit on the cheap side. but i can not comment either way since i have no experience with it.

as far as remote starts go, the key to your vehicle has a little microchip inside and when adding an aftermarket system, requires that chip code be learned to allow the new system to bypass the oem security and allow remote start while the key is not present. depending on what you want to spend will determine which modle alarm you can get. some systems will get pricey

OP
OP
G

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want a simple system. Nothing fancy and not expensive