Radar detector on Aux switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bohica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read on here somewhere that someone was going to try to hook up their radar detector to a aux switch. I was wondering if that person or anyone else has attempted (and succeeded, mainly) at that mod yet?? It would be pretty convenient.

BWMEEKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To expand on that question...Does anyone know of a radar detector/jammer that can be integrated (wired or wirelessly) into the factory Nav Screen?

RaptorDDS

Reaction score
I have my radar dectector attached to aux 4. I like the fact that it comes on when i fire up the truck and i can simply turn it off with an easy to reach switch if want it off. it was an easy mod to do. the radar detector i purchased came with wiring for a direct install. i placed the radar dectector on top of the dash to the left of the steering wheel and fed the wires through the dash to reach the wire connections. took about 20 min to do.

OP
OP
Bohica

Bohica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

RaptorDDS

Reaction score
I have attached some pictues. The cord you referenced is similiar to the one mine has. I ran the power supply through the pop out side panel and behind the dash. I used wire ties to secure it to misc objects so it stays put. I removed the panels on either side of the center consol and snuck it behind there. I then attached it to the upfitter wires behind the glove box and attached the ground to a frame screw which holds the dash in place which is located behind the pop out panel on the passenger side. This also works well because I can easily remove my detector and still use the 12v cord to plug it into my wife's vehicle when we drive it. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• CIMG1314.jpg
    CIMG1314.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 142
  • CIMG1315.jpg
    CIMG1315.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 121
  • CIMG1316.jpg
    CIMG1316.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 119
  • CIMG1317.jpg
    CIMG1317.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 153
  • CIMG1318.jpg
    CIMG1318.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 131
Reaction score
I put my ****** Qi45 with laser shifters on AUX 4 as well; had to actually solder the power lead to the brown Ford wiring to make sure it stays put long-term (and, as I've read elsewhere, my Ford AUX wires were VERY short as well).

No Navigation integration; not sure you could with the Sony unit unless you chemical etched part of the screen and mounted some sort of remote display in that spot - but you would lose the display for all other functions on that spot too.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
I just bought the new cobra on a whim and want to wire it to aux 4 tomorrow

My dad is super smart with electric shit so I'm sure well figure it out

But my questions are this

Can I simply splice the wire that comes stock with it and cut off the cig charger thing??

Then use this to run to the aux plug in???

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks fellas

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
So I bought a cobra on a whim tonight found a decent one on sale

Need some help

I'm wanting to hard wire it to my aux 4 tomorrow and need some help

Can I use the line that it came with an just cut off the cig liter plug in then splice then line and plug it up to the aux spot???

My father is pretty electrically savvy and hopefully he can help me out

Any input would be greatly appreciated

I basically want it mounted on my windshield but with no cord showing so I was going to hide it thrw the dash

!!!! Help me out fellas!!

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup
I dont see why not
I hardwired my V1 in all my vehicles.
I use a blendmount mount and cable in raptor but my F250 is on aux switch exactly like u want to do. Its handy.
The important thing is to have a proper size fuse block inline and since tge aux switches are already u got nothing to sweat.
Good luck!