NAV TV VIM Setup Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC87

Reaction score
I am also having issues with this system. My cameras worked fine when I bought the truck last July and until bout a month or so ago my rear camera stopped working all together and came up with telling me to contact my dealership. After this happened I also tried to enable the front camera and it would just switch back to disabled after a second. I contacted the dealer, they replaced my front and rear camera and now when I put the truck in reverse it shows the front camera. The dealer said they reset the system, but it didn't solve the issue. Any ideas on this? When I bought the truck there was a box of parts for this system (wiring harnesses and such) does the system come with spare parts or was the whole system not installed? None of the camera forcing functions work either, so I am thinking some of the system did not get installed. I haven't tore anything apart yet, and probably won't have time until summer. As an added note I'm in Wisconsin if cold weather is a concern.

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also having issues with this system. My cameras worked fine when I bought the truck last July and until bout a month or so ago my rear camera stopped working all together and came up with telling me to contact my dealership. After this happened I also tried to enable the front camera and it would just switch back to disabled after a second. I contacted the dealer, they replaced my front and rear camera and now when I put the truck in reverse it shows the front camera. The dealer said they reset the system, but it didn't solve the issue. Any ideas on this? When I bought the truck there was a box of parts for this system (wiring harnesses and such) does the system come with spare parts or was the whole system not installed? None of the camera forcing functions work either, so I am thinking some of the system did not get installed. I haven't tore anything apart yet, and probably won't have time until summer. As an added note I'm in Wisconsin if cold weather is a concern.

Did you ever find out a solution to the front camera turning on when going into reverse gear?

SC87

Reaction score
Did you ever find out a solution to the front camera turning on when going into reverse gear?

The dealership reset the BCM, it fixed the issue, but after trying the front camera about a month later it showed the camera fine. Then the next day I tried the front camera again, and it just doesn't come on. That was back in June, the dealership I was going to was shit so I just said whatever. I don't feel like $115/hr for another dealership to diagnose it right now. Sorry that probably isn't a lot of help, but that's where I'm at.

SC87

Reaction score

I actually turned my front camera on this morning just for kicks, and guess what? It freaking worked! WTH? Haha well that's exciting. To answer your question I would say first try getting the BCM reset and see if that fixes your issue. If it doesn't I have heard that it is likely the switching module, because it can become stuck so it won't switch back and forth between the cameras properly. It will just display one no matter which one you are targeting.