12V switch for radar detector on rear view mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a guy that wired his detector into his rear view mirror, and I didn't even bother to ask him how he did it because I figured I could just go home and test them all to find out which ones he tapped into. From my testing of the current wires, there were a couple 12V options but they ran hot whether or not the key was on.

So I started to do a bunch of research and saw that other people were tapping directly into the plug with invisa cord?

My question is does anybody have a wire diagram for the 16 pin plug in the back of the rear view mirror or can explain to me in simple terms which pins to use for the power and ground? I feel slightly embarrassed asking this because I feel like I'm just missing something really simple...

Currently the dangling wires are irritating and my dog keeps trying to chew on the power plug lol.

Thanks!
Dustin

OP
OP
Mariner

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See this thread and read post #113. I also have pictures past that post through the end of the thread. PM me if you have any questions. Easy install if you know how to solder.
Bingo sir. I was missing something simple just like I figured. Even after I shut the key off the plug was still receiving power until I removed the key and opened and closed the door to simulate me getting out. Only then did the nav screen shut down and the power dropped from 12V to 0. Thanks so much! I do know how to solder but I don't think it's necessary if I just do some simple splicing. I only have a Cobra detector, simple but does the trick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk