Thinking of Savannah, GA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are in talks about our Yearly Trip, We Usually go to Charleston, SC every year and this past year we went to Atlantis in the Bahamas as well. We decided to take a year off of Charleston and Try and new place. I have always heard Savannah, GA is a great place and wonder if any tips, things to do or see, places to stay and eat? Any kind of help would be wonderful. I have looked at a couple places to stay: Bohemian Hotel, Andaz Savannah & The Westin Harbor. Anyone have any experience of those, How close they are to the sites/activities/restaurants? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 12951

The wife and I did a two week vacation (drove from MO). We stopped in Ashville to stay at the Biltmore Inn for 2 days, then went to Savannah for 5 days and then Myrtle Beach for another 5. First time in Savannah and I don't think we picked the best activities or places to eat. We stayed at the Harbour Inn on the River Walk and had a room with a balcony right on the river. It's a B&B but wasn't as personal as other B&B that we have been to. We did the trolley tour, which was so fast wasn't worth it in my opinion (we did the blue one, others might be better). We also did a walking ghost tour, another joke. Saw the city museum, yeah okay. The restaurants we went to were decent but nothing very spectacular. The crab soup at the Pirate House was really good. If I ever go back there, I would definitely get that soup again. Not sure if I was much help....
Here are a few pics.

No idea why the pics are sideways and upside down....sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Savana is a beautiful city but after about three to four days you have seen just about all there is to see.

Mjburns78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with Mudblood here and if you have done Charleston, beside the history and restaurant's - you've seen it. Good weekend trip, anything longer gets boring.

Love her just the way she is....

D

Deleted member 12951

Would agree, I spent 5 days there. Looking back on that trip, I wish I would of made it 2-3 days in Savannah and stopped for a couple more in Charleston on our way up to Myrtle Beach. Of that whole trip, I was mostly impressed with staying at the Biltmore. Definitely would do that again.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would agree, I spent 5 days there. Looking back on that trip, I wish I would of made it 2-3 days in Savannah and stopped for a couple more in Charleston on our way up to Myrtle Beach. Of that whole trip, I was mostly impressed with staying at the Biltmore. Definitely would do that again.

Now that actually would be a great trip. Two days at Biltmore and three days in Savanna would be a great trip.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 12951

Now that actually would be a great trip. Two days at Biltmore and three days in Savanna would be a great trip.

Our view from the room at the Biltmore Inn. Can't tell but the Biltmore mansion is on the left way in the distance (it's 4 miles from the Inn).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've lived there for the better part of 6 years. Its a great place to visit but like most have said you only need a long weekend. If you have been to Charleston then you've seen Savannah. Savannah is a dirtier more dangerous shit hole compared to Charleston.
Great places to eat, few historical sites, and lots of tail to pull down town. Offers a great bar scene and some good places to eat and your typical southern charm. You being from SC you probably wont find or see a whole lot you're not used to. People from the north or other parts of the country will like it more. if you're dead set on heading to savannah PM me and we make link up and I can point you specifically where to go for good eats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter