Ohio Raptors Snoball Convoy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen (I use that term loosely), we will be leaving on Friday Dec 16th between 6 and 7 am from the Get Go on 90 and State Route 83 if anyone wants to convoy. If not, we will have our radio on GLRE1 and GLRE2 and we could meet up along the way.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ill be staying the night in akron driving up through that area around the same time. We will be meeting up with another group in Mi. around 10am

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in.

Did you post this on the Ohio Raptor Owner's Facebook Page?

You should aim to meet the chicago group on the way ;)

Meeting here:

Bass Pro Shops - Gurnee, IL
6112 W Grand Ave, Gurnee, Illinois 60031

To leave at 11am.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't go through Chicago due to the fact that they do not take kindly to my feelings of personal protection. I will only go up through MI and return the same way.

This is where we will be departing from.

Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Believe it or not, with a CCW permit from another state, you can "carry" in your vehicle through the state. If you stop and get out, you have to secure your weapon, but if you're driving, you're good. Kinda crazy that they included this when they passed the law. Let me find the exact verbiage so you know what you can can can't do if you do decide to ever visit the People's Republic of Illinois.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Are out-of-state Concealed Carry permit holders granted reciprocity in Illinois?”

No. Out-of-state residents who want to carry a concealed firearm on his/her person must obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry License to lawfully carry a concealed firearm in Illinois. In order for out-of-state residents to be eligible for an Illinois license, their state’s concealed carry license laws must be substantially similar to those of Illinois. The Illinois State Police will establish rules to identify the elements necessary to meet the substantially similar requirement.

However, out of state residents are granted a limited exception to lawfully carry a concealed firearm within a vehicle if they are eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence and are not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law. This rule becomes effective immediately.

If the non-resident leaves leaves his/her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
As shooterAMG said, transportation clause allows you to stay armed in your car, but requires you to disarm prior to exiting the vehicle.

You added the clause before I could, nice work.