pismo sand dunes 8/6/14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
richardhead84 decided to pay me a visit and see if i could improve his sound system. he just finished trr colorado, and decided he should stop by on his way home....... actually he has family in southern california. he dropped off his truck with me for a few days and i did a bit of work to the truck. we made arrangements to meet halfway to deliver his truck back to him. conveniently the sand dunes was the perfect spot dead center between us. i invited a couple other guys, but on short notice, only one could make it. redgs4 came to play with us. the three of us had a great time, and we de virginized a street queen raptor (redgs4). he now has the skid plate mash going on. haha. got stuck a few times, but nothing we werent able to get out of. the tow straps got used a bit. even caught some air too.

Attachments

• DSC_6021.jpg
    DSC_6021.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_6245.jpg
    DSC_6245.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 119
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is richardhead84 (andrew) getting stuck like a real man
(what was the ******** thinking???) hahahaha. this was an interesting recovery. we had about 10 bystanders all hovering like vultures waiting to see something bad happen. too bad for them, it was uneventful and a successful recovery.

Attachments

• DSC_6218.jpg
    DSC_6218.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_6221.jpg
    DSC_6221.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 118

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice stuck! Assuming you went with a front snatch? Kinetic recovery?

Also wondering if he aired down, looks like not.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that redgs4?

Damnit you beat me to it

redgs4 (chris) had is first sand experience yesterday. i got some pics of him too.

Nice stuck! Assuming you went with a front snatch? Kinetic recovery?

Also wondering if he aired down, looks like not.

we went with a rear pull. i connected to his drivers side rear hook and pulled his back end down to straighten him out. since his backend is much lighter than the front, and it was already on the low side, it was pretty easy to get him straight so there wasnt a risk of rolling. the angle was pretty extreme and the sand was like an avalanche everytime we took a step. a front pull would have been more difficult. we were at 20psi, but had to air down to 12 to get out of the hole at the bottom.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the second pic is where chris (redgs4) de virginized his skid plate and front bumper.

Attachments

• DSC_6036.jpg
    DSC_6036.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_6237.jpg
    DSC_6237.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
here he is leading up to that moment. that was the only damage done for the day. a couple bashed in skid plates and lots of fun.

Attachments

• DSC_6233.jpg
    DSC_6233.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_6235.jpg
    DSC_6235.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 117