Undercoating rear fender wells?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I'm thinking about undercoating the rear fender wells on my Molten Orange truck since ford barely painted them. They are so lightly sprayed but yet so visible when you look at the back of the truck. My question is what diy undercoating spray is best? What the differance between the 3M spray undercoating paint and the 3M rubberized undercoating. Appreciate any help or input

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I did just regular rattle can bed liner first. the rocks will take small chips out pretty quick. I then covered it with rattle can rubberized undercoating. It works much better. A few small pieces come off if I off road it hard but that may be because its just a layer over the crap bed liner first. If I start to notice it, it only takes 30 seconds to fix it

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about undercoating the rear fender wells on my Molten Orange truck since ford barely painted them. They are so lightly sprayed but yet so visible when you look at the back of the truck. My question is what diy undercoating spray is best? What the differance between the 3M spray undercoating paint and the 3M rubberized undercoating. Appreciate any help or input

lineX for about 100 dollars

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this tonight with rustoleum rubberized undercoat. 2 cans and about an hour to clean, mask, and clean up. Looks good. Hopefully it holds up.

If you can get them line x'd for 100 I'd just do that though. I didn't even call around, I just assumed it would be double that...

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Decided

Well I decided to go with the Linex instead of the rattle can! Just couldn't bring myself to skimp on something for my truck. I think Ford short changed us with the half-ass paint job on the rear inter fender wells, it really stands out on the Molten Orange Raptors. Linex for the rear inter fender wells is 150 dollars but I think the long term results will payoff. I'm going to take before and after pictures so I'll post them this weekend.

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's a pretty good price. I would have probably done that if I knew how cheap it was. I was thinking $200 plus...

So far my DIY job is holding up fine but if it starts to have issues, I'll just take it to a LineX shop.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called a line x dealer over here and he said he wouldn't be able to do it. There is no company that offers the plastic wheel well covers? I'd like to get it line x myself and im gunna try a few other places as well as rhino liner too but if no one will do it whats left spray can? Ive herculined my trailer and it came out great thinkin that might be better then the spray.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I called a line x dealer over here and he said he wouldn't be able to do it. There is no company that offers the plastic wheel well covers? I'd like to get it line x myself and im gunna try a few other places as well as rhino liner too but if no one will do it whats left spray can? Ive herculined my trailer and it came out great thinkin that might be better then the spray.

Your Linex dealer must not want to do the smaller jobs like rear wheel wells because a lot of Raptor owners have done both the bed and rear wheel wells.