GEN 1 New Gunmetal Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAAAPTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it looks great? Love the Matte. Did you say it used to be white? So what did a complete wrap run? Also, what happened to the missing RAPTOR emblem on the tailgate?

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
Yes it was white with the graphics package. You can see what it looked like in the pic above. If you look very closely in person you can see bits of white between the bed and cab etc. With a black or grey paint job to start this obviously isn't an issue. I don't mind that either. I like how it looks and it's keeping the white paint job fresh while I drive it over the next 3-5 yrs. Then the wrap comes off and the paint looks like new for the trade in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Wrap cost was about 3-3.5K.

I haven't put the badges back on. That's all. I like it without. The tailgate gets covered with mountain bike tailgate cover most of the time regardless.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To each their own. The contrast is one of my favorite aspects of how it turned out. Gloss next to matte really pops. It's hard to appreciate in pictures. I wouldn't change a thing.

Do you kinda regret the sheen on the matte? That flat matte just looks badass. Still, great looking execution!!! Bravo

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
I don't regret it at all. It still looks matte, a little darker, and almost a purple tint to the grey. It definitely isn't as much matte, and I agree the matte does look badass. I went for the more carefree maintenance. And I still love the look. I turn around to look how badass she is every time I get out and walk away. The contrasting finishes in the dark colors looks badass and it looks very different depending on the lighting. Many matte finishes seem to show fingerprints and absorb oil. I'm not going to baby this truck, it's going to see a lot of dirt, rocks, mud, bird feces etc. My dog drools all over the side of it regularly. It still looks ridiculously badass and with the ceramic it should look basically the same 3 years from now.870f7262698fb78dd275b30537148db3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like it alot. I was unaware that wraps were that much, but I guess there is a massive amount of labor involved.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GABA... Looks great!! Did Northbay have to remove the Raptor side graphics before wrapping or did those stay in place...to be revealed again when you unwrap it? Does the wrap completely mask them?

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
I had them remove the side graphics but leave the hood graphics. You can see them very slightly on the hood if you look closely. I wasn't a big fan of the side graphics.

epshtielsl

Reaction score
Dude it looks awesome! I like too like the contrast between the fenders and the rest of the body. I'm thinking about wrapping the my truck myself. Just debating hard on the color choice. Leaning towards matte gunmetal/grey metallic when matte black fenders.

You said you left the hood graphics on and had the wrap on top? Would you mind posting a closeup of what that looks like? I'm interested in seeing how much the graphics edge shows through the vinyl.

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
Dude it looks awesome! I like too like the contrast between the fenders and the rest of the body. I'm thinking about wrapping the my truck myself. Just debating hard on the color choice. Leaning towards matte gunmetal/grey metallic when matte black fenders.

You said you left the hood graphics on and had the wrap on top? Would you mind posting a closeup of what that looks like? I'm interested in seeing how much the graphics edge shows through the vinyl.

Sure. I'll try to get around to it this weekend. You really can't see them unless to really look/already know they are there. It doesn't stand out at all. Almost wish I would have left the side graphics for resale.

epshtielsl

Reaction score
Sure. I'll try to get around to it this weekend. You really can't see them unless to really look/already know they are there. It doesn't stand out at all. Almost wish I would have left the side graphics for resale.

Much appreciated. That's pretty much my reasoning as well. I didn't want to take off the special edition graphics haha.