My new retrax pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished installing a new Retrax Pro. It looks great but I have to say I think the Pace Edwards Bed Locker that I had on my old truck was a tighter fit and a bit more secure. I wanted to try something new , I hope it wasn't a mistake... Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• retrax10.jpg
    retrax10.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 188
  • retrax9.jpg
    retrax9.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 170
  • retrax8.jpg
    retrax8.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 177
  • retrax7.jpg
    retrax7.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 176
  • retrax6.jpg
    retrax6.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a beautiful setup!

I got the Retrax (not the Pro) I love the look of the Pro now that I've seen it.

Love my Retrax all the same. They have GREAT customer service also!!!

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful setup!

I got the Retrax (not the Pro) I love the look of the Pro now that I've seen it.

Love my Retrax all the same. They have GREAT customer service also!!!

I had my Retrax for 10 years on my Superduty. Used it all the time never had one problem ever. They make a great product (or sure used to).

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just finished installing a new Retrax Pro. It looks great but I have to say I think the Pace Edwards Bed Locker that I had on my old truck was a tighter fit and a bit more secure. I wanted to try something new , I hope it wasn't a mistake... Here are a few pictures.

What exactly do you mean by this?

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not really a fair comparison. The Bedlocker is an electric cover, the RetraxPro is not. However, Retrax does make an electric cover (called PowertraxOne).

OP
OP
TRAPTOR

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by this?

On my 2005 SC the bedlocker was a heavier product with stronger rails and the clamps held better. Maybe it has something to do with the new bed rails on the raptor. Also the seal at the rear gate was definitely tighter. You couldn't stick anything in between the cover and gate to pry it open. The bedlocker closes against the gate and the retrax sits a little higher. And yes I pushed down on the rails as i tightened the clamps, even re did it a few times to get it as tight as possible. Don't get me wrong I do love the look and I'm sure it's a good product. It better be for 1500 clams. The paint is much nicer on the retrax pro and the cover is much smoother and quieter during openning and closing. For looks I say Retrax pro and for a little better security I would give it to the Bedlocker.

Last edited: