Light racks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Specifically the ones that attach to the bed. Good bad? Wind noise? Thinking about SVC or WSI but on the fence about them. Also what size light bar can they accommodate and where do you run the wiring to the pass through?

TIA

D

Deleted member 12951

Get the SVC, it has a better attachment to the bed rails. Would not recommend an actuator and opt for the manual. With it down, no noise and even up is nominal depending on lights used. Believe SVC wires run inside the tubing otherwise you can ziptie it to the outside.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 2 WSI Fauxhawks, One with the middle bar and one without. Wiring is run in the tubes of mine.

Also I have not had an issue with the attachment to the bedsides on either of them.

There is no windnoise with this setup in the cab.

Can hold up to a 40". I agree on getting the manual actuator just don't remember its up and try to drive into your garage.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
With the SVC Tower, we can have it setup for pods or lightbars. We have mounted a 40" light bar on a actuated setup, while you can squeeze a 50" onto a non actuated setup.

Wind noise is usually not an issue with bed mounted towers as they sit behind you, so any wind noise they do produce, you most likely will not notice.

Wiring is fished through the tubing of the light rack, and through the bed, which then you can either run under the cab and into engine bay/firewall, or push through floor under door trim and run wire under carpet/door trim.

SVC towers can be setup as a fixed position, or can you can opt for manual or electric actuators to flip up/down.

Shoot us a PM, I would be happy to get you setup for a great deal on the SVC Tower and lighting package!

-Joseph Haynes

Edit:

Here is a SVC Tower that we had retabbed for a customer to hold a 40" Baja Designs lightbar on a dual electric actuated setup. Previously held 5 cannons.

IMG_20150507_173508541_zpsiaynjpii.jpg
IMG_20150507_173428366_zpskuxw6wmk.jpg

And here is an example of a fixed position setup with cannons.
IMG_20140828_121648_zpssecg5ctj.jpg

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 5 8.7" VisionX Extremes "fixed" position (no actuator) and no wind noise to speak off.

Wires are zip tied down side. No issues.

f630054430d5e471782c47d4541a2f18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk