iPad mini dash installed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is my first mod to my truck (only had it a month) and I love it.

It's the soundman float kit, so the iPad is held in by magnets. Don't know how well it'll hold up to off roading, they seem like strong magnets but I don't know. I'll give it a try and post my results.

Now lets see if I ca figure out how to post pics.

image.jpg1_zpsiig38uok.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsxyph6qot.jpg

image.jpg3_zpserm7mfzb.jpg

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it, something i always wanted to do. Did your truck previously have nav? Where did you order the center stack from?

Mjr372

Reaction score
Nice real sharp looking. What was needed for the install to make the iPad work with the truck.

OP
OP
H

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, something i always wanted to do. Did your truck previously have nav? Where did you order the center stack from?
No I didn't have nav. I had a guy from another f-150 forum make it. soundman charges like $1200+, this guy charged me $650 shipped. And he used the actual soundman float.
Nice real sharp looking. What was needed for the install to make the iPad work with the truck.

Nothing, just removed the old dash and then snapped this one in.

OP
OP
H

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that seems steep for a piece of plastic but I'll probably do it anyway lol

Yea I agree, soundman charges $300 just for the parts, so the guy is charging $350 for a new dash, labor, paint, and shipping, which I think is a good deal. The soundman price is what really drives it up.

There's other options where it slides in which start at like $150 shipped. And you can also get them unpainted for cheaper. So there is other ways to go about it.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great, all you need to do now id get the two clocks sync'd up... lol I can't remember what my 800a stack looks like...what did you have to give up?

OP
OP
H

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, all you need to do now id get the two clocks sync'd up... lol I can't remember what my 800a stack looks like...what did you have to give up?

Lol, didn't even catch that. I always have the time on my truck 5 min fast.

Volume controls, source and tune, but those are all n the steering wheels. Main thing is no more CD player, well it's there but can't change them out so I hat to pick 6 really good CDs, and the pre selects. So have to go one by one instead of jumping from 2 to 7 or whatever. No biggie for me cause this what I really wanted and only listen to very little music or radio stations, mostly sports radio and just put the game on The watch espn app and listen to the game through the system.

Last edited: