Dash trim removal help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Im right in the middle of removing all my silver dash pieces to get them painted. Driver side and center console were easy. I'm having trouble with the passenger side though. It seems like you have to remove the passenger airbag cover to get to screws to take those panels off. I tried to pry the airbag cover off but something is really holding it on firm.
If you have done this before or just know how to do it, any info helps. thanks.

FX4 TT

Reaction score
Lower the glove Box completely.

Stick your head under and you'll see a gray tray with 3 black bolts.

Remove the 3 bolts.

Now you can remove the air bag assembly.

It takes some upward force from under neath and a bit of prying forward from the face of the airbag.

pagunyru.jpg

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Got all the trim out except for the sides of the center stack. They are held in at the bottom and I have no clue how to get them out. Looks like the whole center console has to be slid backwards. F that

FX4 TT

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Got all the trim out except for the sides of the center stack. They are held in at the bottom and I have no clue how to get them out. Looks like the whole center console has to be slid backwards. F that

Takes all of 20 more seconds.

Ebrake on and put it in drive.

Firmly tug up on the Console top piece.

Remove 2 screws and tug it back.