Console Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested on this to purchase but..
For our vehicles seems the Console Vault is not completely enclosed.
Side plates seem ok but the front and rear still to me could be vulnerable since someone really intentioned can just try and destroy all the console no matter what to gain access.
Is there another item (product)that can have all 4 sides covered or probably some plates can be modified to the actual products.

Thoughts

Regards

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't hesitate to buy the CV for any reason, whatsoever.

The front and rear both have a 3" vertical piece running top to bottom inside the vault. There is no way you'd have access even IF you could tear apart the console from the front (totally destroying the gear shift mechanism) or rear (if you could penetrate the AC vent/duct work).

It's not really possible without removing the console entirely and completely demolishing it. And even then, you'd still have to break the vault apart once you got to it.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The front and rear both have a 3" vertical piece running top to bottom inside the vault. There is no way you'd have access even IF you could tear apart the console from the front (totally destroying the gear shift mechanism) or rear (if you could penetrate the AC vent/duct work).

It's not really possible without removing the console entirely and completely demolishing it. And even then, you'd still have to break the vault apart once you got to it.

This is very true. I had to remove the center console to replace it, and trust me, no one is getting in there without a lot of effort. I carry my important stuff inside that console vault with no worries.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
You'd seriously have to be trying to get into it. If you have the console lid locked, that deters a thief for several minutes. Ahead of that, as stated above, you'd have to tear the center console to pieces to get into it. And with an aftermarket two way alarm, you could be in the thief's face before they even got to any of your valuables.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Console vaults are great and I love mine...but they are just to deter smash and grabs.

I agree, I didn't mean to suggest they are impenetrable or theft proof but suitable to deter most any common criminal. In other words, don't worry, in fact that's the whole point of the product. Leave your valuables and don't worry.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have had 2 and love them . Haven't got around to buying a third for the second raptor yet ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433545254.204039.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I've been looking at this as well - IF someone were able to destroy the A/C vents from the rear or anywhere else for that matter - couldn't they get their hand in there and grab my pistol - turn it upright and pull it out through the openings?

Thanx...

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at this as well - IF someone were able to destroy the A/C vents from the rear or anywhere else for that matter - couldn't they get their hand in there and grab my pistol - turn it upright and pull it out through the openings?

Thanx...

Yes, that is pretty much the only way to get into the console with the vault. So your right, it's not impenetrable, just a plastic sidewall. But for the 99.9%ers it'll keep them busier and noisier then they want to be, which is my goal. Make it too risky and they move on. I wonder why console vault didn't make that center rear piece larger?

Last edited: