12v accessory power for boost gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there's someone on here who has wired up a boost gauge. I've asked on other threads and sent PMs to some people and nothing. I'd like to knock this out tomorrow. I'd like to be able to just tap into switched power under there but I don't know which wire would be best. I know one option would be come from the interior fuse box with an add a fuse but I think that may be over kill for the backlighting on a gauge.. Plus I really don't want to try and fish wires from driver to passenger side behind the dash... The ground is already made up to a factory ground point. I just need one hot leg to tap into. So where is the best place to tap into switched power (preferably driver side)??

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
safest way. but you can find it in the harness underneath without taking it off. you need to be careful though, couple different wires with the same color

OP
OP
svt_reid

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it now. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I tested it with a voltage tester before I removed any insulation. No power when key is off, and hot when you turn the key on. Thanks again! Never would have found it without your help