Tail gate applique, Amazon/ebay applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my truck, I chose the one without graphic and applique because I don't like the cheesy look of the graphic. I parked to a Raptor today with the applique and now I kinda like it.

Has anyone here buy those ebay, amazon applique before ? How does it hold up? Good / bad? I just thought of getting those ebay or amazon one so when I'm bored with it or want to go back, I can just rip it off. Also I tried to look for a white tailgate with applique and didn't find anything.

Any feedback appreciate it

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a ton of threads on here about this topic. Some say to find someone to swap tailgates with, others say to do as you suggest. Here’s an interesting post on how someone had their dealership epoxy the appliqué to the tailgate. And based on the reviews on Amazon, where several have fallen off, this sounds like a good way to go.

However, based on your desire to possibly take it off down the road, it sounds like the aftermarket with 3M tape is perfect for you. Though it might just come off down the road on its own. ;)

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/added-tailgate-applique.53983/#post-1133597

Faze Star

Reaction score
I bought one for $139 online and it took me several tries to get it right as it came out several times until I did extensive research and found out a way for it to work.

Basically what you need to do when you receive it:
1- Cut/peal ALL tips and plastic parts in the back of the appliqué
2- Do not use the screws to bolt on the letters, use super glue or a strong adhesive (the screws will scratch your car it and it will stick out)
3- Use at least 30lb double tape all around and don't be afraid to over use it, specially in the middle you will need double-triple the tape so it reaches and sticks to the car.

Been more than 2 months now and 0 issues so far.

Buy it, its worth it!

T

teeoster

I bought one for $139 online and it took me several tries to get it right as it came out several times until I did extensive research and found out a way for it to work.

Basically what you need to do when you receive it:
1- Cut/peal ALL tips and plastic parts in the back of the appliqué
2- Do not use the screws to bolt on the letters, use super glue or a strong adhesive (the screws will scratch your car it and it will stick out)
3- Use at least 30lb double tape all around and don't be afraid to over use it, specially in the middle you will need double-triple the tape so it reaches and sticks to the car.

Been more than 2 months now and 0 issues so far.

Buy it, its worth it!

Hi,

Do you have a link for the $139 one you bought? Did it come with all the letters?

Thanks!!
John

Faze Star

Reaction score
Cool, Thakn you for the feedback.

@Faze Star , you have a link to yours?
Hi,

Do you have a link for the $139 one you bought? Did it come with all the letters?

Thanks!!
John

Link:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.35.253f2694Q3w0WF

I know I know, alibaba, however, the supplier ships from California. Message Susan, reliable and fast service. Make sure to point out which one do you want (2015-2017 or 2018-2020) There is a slight difference in shape between both.