GEN 2 Sync 3 Map Update Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I ordered the Sync 3 map upgrade which is supposed to upgrade the map from version NA 1 18 to the NA 1 19. I completed the 60+ minute update and the screen said the update was successful but the version never changed and still listed NA 1 18. It also took away the voice commands for Travel Link items like “show weather map” “show fuel prices” etc. Visited my local dealer who did some troubleshooting and ended up doing a master reset. The dealer said they thought the usb stick I received had an error on it and referred me back to the company since I paid for it. Been going round and round between HEER Technologies and Ford trying to get my VIN record cleared so I can try and download the complimentary update and try again. Since I paid for the update nobody can figure out how I can get the link back to download the map update myself and have been unwilling to send me a new usb stick with the upgrade. This has been nothing but a pain!

Anyone else lose the TraveLink voice commands after upgrading the Sync 3 maps?

Last edited:
OP
OP
OffRoadingBeast
Reaction score
Has anyone lost the TraveLink voice commands (i.e. “show weather map”, “show fuel prices”, etc) after upgrading the Sync 3 maps?