Rhino vs Line-X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case it has not been mentioned yet.... if you have the tail gate extender make sure they mask the little holes in the bed sides that the extender locks into. Also, after a few weeks I noticed the paint is worn along the bottom of my tail gate where the bed liner is rubbing it. Best fix would be to make sure they spray at least that small strip along the bottom of the tail gate bellow the stock plastic tail gate liner.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 52

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those little plastic pop ins where the bed extender locks into should be removed and reinstalled after the bed is sprayed. Spraying over those plastice pieces always leads to trouble.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
I initially was going for line x until I found out nobody in my area (40+ square miles) uses the stuff anymore

When I asked why I got the same answer from all the guys

Said line x is out dated when compared to rhinos new material

Said that rhino is constantly r&r ing and line x has had the same shit for 30 years

I was sold and had it done for 350$

So far it still looks sparkling new and hasn't dented tore scratched

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a farse. rhino is still using a 2:1 system even though it is sprayed high pressure is still a full polyurethane and not as strong as a polyurethane polyurea hybrid. Alot of Line-X dealers got out when the economy got bad due to high chemical prices. There are plenty of cheaper products out there you can still call a bedliner. Alot of applicators have traded quality for the almighty dollar.

SoSmoked

Reaction score
That may be true

Personally as far as the bed liner goes its not a work truck I simply wanted a nice looking product that sparkles like my truck did

The price was right and I saved the 300$ so I can drop it into other mods

Like my exhaust

Haha

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA i have a customer just like you that changes his exhaust ALL THE TIME! 09 black platinum screw and has changed 6 times and only has 11K miles.

SoSmoked

Reaction score
Ya sounds just like me I'm doin a new setup tomorrow lolol

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
this is a farse. rhino is still using a 2:1 system even though it is sprayed high pressure is still a full polyurethane and not as strong as a polyurethane polyurea hybrid. Alot of Line-X dealers got out when the economy got bad due to high chemical prices. There are plenty of cheaper products out there you can still call a bedliner. Alot of applicators have traded quality for the almighty dollar.

I'm wary of polyurea as I've witnessed several faliures when used as a waterproofing product exposed to sun. Below grade or in marine applications it performs well - but in my expoerience it doesn't have a great track record with roofs or protecting walls. Polyurethane is not bad, but deteriorates over time if there is standing water (not an issue if you do the top perch, or floor it regularly).