Fox Factory Racing 3.0 Shocks w/Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this is exactly why the Fox Live Valve shocks should be pretty amazing. You'll have a computer making these adjustments for you 200x a sec.

You're not helping me with my live valve quandry. I can see reasons for them being very good or very bad, and a lot will depend on the tuning and reliability. If they're very good... I may have to make another bad financial decision sooner than planned.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it.

Regarding the question on noise, the rears are external bypass and often external bypass will make a lot of clicking noises. It annoys some people, but I'd be fine whether audible or not. Racecar noises and all.

Depends on how much noise. Our cars 4.5 Kings are LOUD.
IMG_1256_zpsbq7df7ng.jpg

Sam

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you happen to remember how your truck sat at stock height? the measurements compared to now?

Marc1972

Reaction score
I went with the Fox Factory Racing 3.0 Shocks on all four corners and Deaver +3HD's leaf springs in the rear along with the SVC Fox 2.5 Bump Stop kit. I did the HD's because I need extra tongue weight capacity for towing.

The Ride: After 500 miles of on-road use. With the shocks adjusted to a few clicks from full soft, the ride is easily as comfortable as stock. No exaggeration!

The Stance: I have the truck sitting 1/2" lower in the front. From the ground to center of the wheel well opening the front is 42 1/2”.... the rear is 43”. I’m happy with the look.

Likes: Not that I will, but I like the idea of being able to adjust of the height of the truck. Accessibility to adjusting the shocks is super easy. They look completely bad-ass!

Dislikes: Nothing

The truck feels exactly the same as stock with the sway bar removed. Perhaps it's the spring rate of the new coils, but it drives great. View attachment 113858View attachment 113859 View attachment 113860

Next up Alcon Brakes. I dropped them off today be painted a Medium Silver to match the stock look. I'm not into flashy colors.

-Dave
Did you have to replace upper control arms or can you use the stock ones