Check engine/limp mode after removing Banks pedal monster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee1993

Reaction score
Today I removed the banks pedal monster prior to bringing the truck into the dealership. After removing it and turning the truck back on, it immediately went into limp mode and threw a check engine light. Am I an idiot and just didn’t uninstall it correctly? Anyone else ever have this issue?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I vaguely remember that for the Pedal commander - another product, I know - you needed to isolate the key fobs or do the install while the battery was disconnected. I believe the de-install probably requires the same.

Doesn’t the unit have a ‘pass through’ mode?

OP
OP
Lee1993

Lee1993

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a rep from Banks. He said just make sure the truck is off and unplug everything. Maybe this is just a freak occurrence. Truck is currently at the dealership, more to follow.

OP
OP
Lee1993

Lee1993

Reaction score
Dealership was able to reset everything. The only thing that I can think of that might of caused an issue was forgetting to return it to stock on the app before removing it.