Yessss she finally here!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Well, I was on the hunt for about 6 months. Finally found the one and it happened to be in GA (I’m in CA). It was a leftover 2019 Magnetic 802a w/carbon etc. Every option besides the Recaros.

Due to the current economic climate my shipping was delayed a couple months. Then my transporter got to Atlanta which was about 2 hours away from the dealership, and his transmission went out on his brand new F350. Another set back. Either way she finally arrived a week or so ago.

And since my truck took so damn long, I had a big pile of parts to install:
- ADD Pro Bolt On front bumper
- CVF intercooler (figured why not as I was already taking the bumper off)
- RC 20” amber backlit light bar
- Titan ak1 forged wheels
- 35x12.5x17 Yoko Geolandars
- Bakflip MX4 bed cover
- Shorty antenna
- Polished pedals
- Radium catch can setup (not installed yet)
- Eibach springs (not installed yet)

So anyways I got right to it. Ran into a couple hiccups as I got the Baja Mod acc relocation bracket and it turns out it’s only for the 17/18, and this isn’t clearly stated on their website. So that put my project on hold for 3-4 days. Ended up ordering the ADD bracket. Works great. They did a good job with it and no sensor issues so far.

As far as the 2019 (I had a 2017 when they first came out) it is pretty awesome. Not sure if I’m trippin but in Sport mode the steering feels wayyyy tighter than it was in my 2017. The shocks feel great. Love the carbon fiber package. And ya just super stoked to be back in the Raptor

Couple pics:

This was her in stock form the day I picked it up:

3-E931-A0-B-3-D20-4842-8-C03-B3908-D3-EE6-E8.png
share picture

and now after the mods:

9963-E357-48-FA-4576-984-B-E35-A308-EF21-A.jpg

24-EF3-F34-1884-4-B76-A7-DD-D54-EC979-BC2-D.jpg
share picture
https://ibb.co/THdqGTT

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats! So it finally arrived. Very nice. I like that bumper and it’s a complete bolt on solution? You retain adaptive cruise and AEB functionality? My big question is, your still using a behind the bumper IC. How do you find it cools? Just seems like the air flow is severely limited. Love the looks however.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Congrats! So it finally arrived. Very nice. I like that bumper and it’s a complete bolt on solution? You retain adaptive cruise and AEB functionality? My big question is, your still using a behind the bumper IC. How do you find it cools? Just seems like the air flow is severely limited. Love the looks however.

Yessir. Yes ACC was relocated using the ADD bracket. No issues there. Aeb should be fine also.

that’s a good question though. I’m keeping an eye on temps and I’d like to keep an eye on AIT’s as well (Forscan?).

Upgrading the factory IC was a must because yes the airflow is restricted after adding the LB. The main reason I didn’t go FMIC was the install and hacking up the grill, and the fact that it blocks maybe 70% of the radiator. Does that make a difference I don’t know. I actually considered getting a slimmer Baja Designs light bar which would take up about half the space and I still may do that. In fact I probably will now that I’m thinking about it and you’re making me nervous lol

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can monitor all temps with the factory digital gauges or the measurements screen. I’m in a hot climate too, so that’s why I asked about that setup. It’s a nice option if you can get away with it. A few more mods are needed for the FMIC I know.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
You can monitor all temps with the factory digital gauges or the measurements screen. I’m in a hot climate too, so that’s why I asked about that setup. It’s a nice option if you can get away with it. A few more mods are needed for the FMIC I know.

Oh okay thanks. Ya I’m ordering the BD S8 20” light bar. It’s about half the height of the current RC so that’ll def let more flow get by. Appreciate the feedback! Where I am in CA it’s pretty hot for 3 months of the year in the summer. But will def be keeping an eye on things. Worst case I upgrade to an FMIC which would be annoying but once you’ve done it all it goes way faster the second time around

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
This got me thinking about the CA raptors and others states that require front plates. Ford must have considered this right? Blocks about as much as the light bar on my truck.

Definitely not optimal but does it make a big negative impact? I register most of my vehicles in AZ as I live there half the year, so no front plate requirement. But ya just a thought

2163-E2-D2-BBE5-42-A5-B5-C9-2-E5063-E9-DAD9.jpg

C667271-D-179-B-491-E-A726-BAD3-B2-BBB247.jpg

C667271-D-179-B-491-E-A726-BAD3-B2-BBB247.jpg