GEN 2 XPEL stealth vs ultimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Stealth on all the matte parts; the bumper, grill, fender flares of my AG truck, but did the rest in Ultimate like daaan. The product looks great, the issue I had with doing the whole truck is caring for a matte finish. I use my truck off road a lot and keeping a matte finish clean is a bit of a PITA. I was also concerned with long term care and durability as the research I've done on it is kind of sparse, I don't think the product has been available for that long.

The Stealth I do have has held up well so far but I notice when I wipe down the truck after a wand wash that those parts have more residue on them and sometimes take a bit of elbow grease. It's not terrible but it's definitely not as easy as the glossy Ultimate stuff.

I think it would look great as a full wrap on Magnetic if the added care isn't an issue for you.

Get your wrapped parts paint coated and it will stay super easy to wash!

Stealth on whites, greys, silvers and some blues looks really good. Stealth makes it look like its painted with a satin finish. Not quite matte but not quite gloss either. Right in the middle. Stealth looks sick! From what I have seen so far if you want Stealth over regular XPEL Ultimate plan on spending about an additional $1k depending on your installer.

Last edited:

jusdach

Reaction score
I'm doing a full XPEL wrap on my truck next week and trying to decide between Stealth and Ultimate. My truck is Magnetic, which I think will look pretty amazing in Stealth. It's a big commitment though, and I'm not sure if I might get tired of the matte look. I'm planning on looking at a small sample of the Stealth film on my truck tomorrow.

I'm curious what others think, and if any of you have experience with one versus the other.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you decide to go with? I'm considering a full stealth wrap as well when my Magnetic SCrew lands first week of May.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will see lines in stealth wrap on entire truck. If you are ok with that than go for it. Panels would have to be removed to do it right but costs go way up ($10k).

Ceramic coats on xpel hurt self healing benefits of the film. Just use sonax polymer.

OP
OP
C

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you decide to go with? I'm considering a full stealth wrap as well when my Magnetic SCrew lands first week of May.

I went with the Stealth. The deciding factor was that I wanted my truck to look a little different. I don't have any great pictures yet, but I'll post some when I do. I hit the road the day I picked it up from being wrapped so it's covered in dirt now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mini viper

Reaction score
Here's stealth on a Shadow Black truck. Any sort of panel lines and such aren't too noticeable unless you really start examining the truck closely. I'm pretty damn happy with it to be honest.

17620119_1891073311168179_3123875060429346550_o.jpg

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ceramic coats on xpel hurt self healing benefits of the film. Just use sonax polymer.

I think you and I are the only 2 people in the world that know this

I keep telling my detailers, they keep trying to OC my PPF

BigDeaner

Reaction score
Here's stealth on a Shadow Black truck. Any sort of panel lines and such aren't too noticeable unless you really start examining the truck closely. I'm pretty damn happy with it to be honest.

17620119_1891073311168179_3123875060429346550_o.jpg

Looks awesome. What'd it run you?