WSI spankin' new behind the grill mount install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CB Freshness

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What ambient temps have you run it in so far? I am sure there is some reduction in air flow as there is when other lights are run behind the grill. There is a lot more metal in this set up then a normal grill mounted light bar. It looks very nice but I fear that in the heat of the summer the radiator and other coolers will run hotter then without. I like it just wondering.

I haven't run to hot outside yet due to current conditions. But the pictures make it look much different. In the pictures it looks almost flush with the radiator when it's actually quite close to the grill. I've been running my truck pretty hard to try and make it overheat even at snoball redlining in 4wd breaking trail no budge

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got it I guess it has been cold everywhere lately. Maybe someone in the southwest will buy it and let us know how it works in the desert.

OP
OP
Theproperedneck

Theproperedneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The warmest I've run mine in is 45 degrees and have seen no change in normal running temps. as cb said it sits away from the radiators a good amount. I also have 2 micros on either side of my license plate which constricts air flow even more. I've seen guys run multiple bars behind the grill in hot texas weather and have no issue. The slim lines are much shorter and allow airflow in between each light head where the bars don't.

Attachments

• grill mount2.jpg
    grill mount2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 34
  • grill mount.jpg
    grill mount.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 36

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The warmest I've run mine in is 45 degrees and have seen no change in normal running temps. as cb said it sits away from the radiators a good amount. I also have 2 micros on either side of my license plate which constricts air flow even more. I've seen guys run multiple bars behind the grill in hot texas weather and have no issue. The slim lines are much shorter and allow airflow in between each light head where the bars don't.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a 21" in the stk lower grill with no issues. Just wondering about adding this and how it will do in hot weather so I will wait for future (summer type) feed back.

It looks good and wished I had won it at snowball to try it out.

CB Freshness

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I have a 21" in the stk lower grill with no issues. Just wondering about adding this and how it will do in hot weather so I will wait for future (summer type) feed back. It looks good and wished I had won it at snowball to try it out.

I wish I had won the damn lights